Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor

/ Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Weather was cooler and nice yesterday evening. My wife said she wanted to mow. I got BX2350 with 60"MMM out for her and she took off. Constant almost dying because of the safety switch under seat. Told her to lean back to keep it from doing that. I hate it myself but not willing to disconnect it. In one corner of my property there is a ditch between the street and our land. At the very corner I can drive across the ditch and up the other side. I usually raise the deck when I do it. The ditch is to deep to do it for about 40' other than at that one spot. Later I went out to see where she was. She was mowing through the ditch! Back and forth from the street side to our property side. I almost had a stroke. I started down the hill toward her (about 500' from the house). She saw me and drove up to me with a hugh grin on her face. I told her just because you can tear something up you don't have to! She seemed surprised at my words. I told her not to be mowing the ditch because it was to steep on both sides other than at the very end. Her response was "But it was doing it OK". I told her that yes the tractor would do the down and up part but the mower was not a grader blade and could actually be tore off the tractor. My neighbor has a BX2350 also and when I looked down to the ditch he was down there with his weedeater cutting the rest of the weeds. I told my wife he was doing that to keep her from tearing up my tractor mowing deck and that he had probably being watching her and cringing as she made each descent and rise up out of the ditch. Wish he had been a little faster getting there! Ha! Don't think I better let her get on my L3240HST with FEL. I believe she would love digging up everything and she does like a kid and won't look in my direction when she's doing stuff so I can tell her no.

/ Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor #2  
Weather was cooler and nice yesterday evening. My wife said she wanted to mow. I got BX2350 with 60"MMM out for her and she took off. Constant almost dying because of the safety switch under seat. Told her to lean back to keep it from doing that. I hate it myself but not willing to disconnect it. In one corner of my property there is a ditch between the street and our land. At the very corner I can drive across the ditch and up the other side. I usually raise the deck when I do it. The ditch is to deep to do it for about 40' other than at that one spot. Later I went out to see where she was. She was mowing through the ditch! Back and forth from the street side to our property side. I almost had a stroke. I started down the hill toward her (about 500' from the house). She saw me and drove up to me with a hugh grin on her face. I told her just because you can tear something up you don't have to! She seemed surprised at my words. I told her not to be mowing the ditch because it was to steep on both sides other than at the very end. Her response was "But it was doing it OK". I told her that yes the tractor would do the down and up part but the mower was not a grader blade and could actually be tore off the tractor. My neighbor has a BX2350 also and when I looked down to the ditch he was down there with his weedeater cutting the rest of the weeds. I told my wife he was doing that to keep her from tearing up my tractor mowing deck and that he had probably being watching her and cringing as she made each descent and rise up out of the ditch. Wish he had been a little faster getting there! Ha! Don't think I better let her get on my L3240HST with FEL. I believe she would love digging up everything and she does like a kid and won't look in my direction when she's doing stuff so I can tell her no.
Your pretty brave or, I must be pretty selfish. :rolleyes: I won't let my wife get on my Kubota.

We have the craftsman lawn tractor for mowing. I told her that's your tractor and this is my tractor. We leave it at that. She's very hard on the craftsman too but, that has been one tough little tractor for a stamped out sheet metal throw away. It just keeps on gettin up..... :p:)

/ Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor #3  
I don't let mine drive my truck or my tractor. I love my babies too much. :D

/ Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor #4  
Your pretty brave or, I must be pretty selfish. :rolleyes: I won't let my wife get on my Kubota.

We have the craftsman lawn tractor for mowing. I told her that's your tractor and this is my tractor. We leave it at that. She's very hard on the craftsman too but, that has been one tough little tractor for a stamped out sheet metal throw away. It just keeps on gettin up..... :p:)

I have to say my wife can 'out do me' on both our BX2230-60 MMM and both ZDs. She seldon "rocks" a blade, is very careful along the sea wall and fence lines. She is really careful around the walks and graveled driveways. Oh... did I mention she is 'Queen' of my Mag-9000 Blade sharpener and my Mag-1000G Precision Balancer. That makes the difference in our habits, I rock the trim tractor's blades every time she get a little crazy on banks and places she don't need to be and this all works out very well. I just want y'all to know I'm the boss and I have her permission to say so. What honey, Oh, I'm in the DOG house now, what's that you say, oh no it's too late to edit this post honey, yes honey whatever you want honey just don't rock those blades baby.... yes please, oh whatever...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

/ Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor #5  
That's funny! Reminds me of when first my wife and then my son drove my DR. mower - walk behind, ( with Kawasaki 15hp air cooled, mind you NOT supposed to be WATER cooled engine), into our pond. That's not once but twice by two different people at different places on the pond, and the area near the entire pond is FLAT.
First the wife got too close and instead of just letting go of the handlebars which would stop motion and engine almost instantly she decided to fight the tractor as it slid into the pond sideways!:eek:

I asked her how she managed this feat and she replied that she got her pinky stuck under the clutch lever on the handlebar and couldn't shift to neutral!?
I asked why she didn't just throw her hands off the bar and she had no reply.
That one I fixed by drying the machine out and changing oil and plugs etc.

Second incident was son going too fast, lost control and dropped the entire unit into the pond and completely submerged the engine in the pond. Pulled it out with next door neighbor's 'Bota tractor. This time I took it to DR. factory store and it got a new carb and some other things- NO engine damage- thankfully...

Since then I do most cutting around pond etc. Its way cheaper and way less aggravating.

Last edited:
   / Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor #6  
Your probably not going to like me for this but she didn't know. From her perspective she thought she was doing good. She is inexperienced and you would have had to tell her not to mow the ditch or kept a closer eye on her and politely waved her away from the ditch or in the case of the seat explained about the switch. It's all very strange I know because I'm still learning about this stuff myself.:)

/ Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor #7  
I disabled the sucker switch, what a PITA that safety switch is. I think the dog gone caused more dead then save lives.

/ Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor
Your probably not going to like me for this but she didn't know. (She don't care, it goes so keep going) From her perspective she thought she was doing good. (True) She is inexperienced (????) and you would have had to tell her not to mow the ditch or kept a closer eye on her and politely waved (Oh Yah) her away from the ditch or in the case of the seat explained about the switch. It's all very strange I know because I'm still learning about this stuff myself.:)
You quite obviously don't know my wife.:) She's been driving my different Kubotas for 6 years. When she gets into a project which she does on a reguler basis she is oblivious to what's going on around her. My table saw kicked back a piece of wood on her one day so she now cuts everything with my 12" chop saw. I can't hardly ever find my nail guns or any other tools. Had to buy her a full set of sockets and wrenchs to keep her out of mine and she still gets in mine (I can always tell because sockets are missing or all in the wrong slots). But I Love her and I'm just going to try and keep my stuff hid from her which hasn't worked for the last 16 years.:)

/ Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor #9  
Yeah, well sounds like a tougher situation than you first explained. Sometimes they are not trainable. My stuff has been abused in the past too.

Of course they think we are totally inept in the kitchen and laundry room. Especially the latter.

/ Don't let my wife drive your MMM tractor #10  
Yeah, well sounds like a tougher situation than you first explained. Sometimes they are not trainable. My stuff has been abused in the past too.

Of course they think we are totally inept in the kitchen and laundry room. Especially the latter.

I unknowingly did myself a few great favors when I first got married to the wonderful wife 25 years ago. I tried my hand at making my first cooked dinner which was meatloaf and you talk about a disaster it was so bad it looked like chilli sauce.:) Needless to say I was not asked into the kitchen for cooking chores. Its not like I never had to fend for myself I was a bachelor for 7 years (from age 16-23) but what i did was barter with the skills I had. I would barter work for good cooked food.

The next one was to try and do the laundry to the high standard of a women. I put it all in and started it up well you all know what happened all of the delicate women stuff looked bad (to her) and my guy stuff looked fine to me. Now I am relinquished to towels or white stuff (thats mine only) and that only started after the wife entered the work force after raising and homeschooling the kids.

So yea I did myself a few favors at the beginning that have paid off very well. Mistakes are not always a bad thing. :D