BX-24 Top Link Won't Turn

/ BX-24 Top Link Won't Turn #1  

DickS

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 265, Kubota BX24
For some reason the top link on BX-24 is very difficult to turn. The end with the securing nut is easily turned by hand but the other end is so tight I had to put it in a vice to turn it. I can't recall an incident where it was bent but the tight end is warmed by the friction trying to turn it.
Anyone else have this grief?

/ BX-24 Top Link Won't Turn #2  
No - so far for a year and half i havent had this problem yet on my BX24. i am able to turn it by hand to adjust it. are you sure you loosen the jam holding nut first before turning ?:confused: can you post a couple pics and maybe we can see whats going on ?;)

/ BX-24 Top Link Won't Turn #3  
For some reason the top link on BX-24 is very difficult to turn. The end with the securing nut is easily turned by hand but the other end is so tight I had to put it in a vice to turn it. I can't recall an incident where it was bent but the tight end is warmed by the friction trying to turn it.
Anyone else have this grief?
Water probably ran down inside and rusted it. Try some penetrating oil.
larry

/ BX-24 Top Link Won't Turn
It is the end that does not have the jamming nut and there really isn't anything to see. I tried greasing the threads on the tight end to no avail. It kind of makes me sore because I need to adjust the length of the top link frequently when changing between the ballast box and rear blade. Oh well, I'll probably get another one.

/ BX-24 Top Link Won't Turn #5  
have you tried to unthread it all the way and spray the insides of the link with wd40 and reinstall ? chances are you may have something gumming up the works.

/ BX-24 Top Link Won't Turn #6  
I had the same problem with mine when I had it extended way out using the BB. The threads got gummed up at the end. Just got it unscrewed all the way, cleaned out the threads, then applied grease to the threads, then screwed back in like a charm.