3 Point Hitch lift capacity

/ 3 Point Hitch lift capacity #1  

WVBill

Veteran Member
Tractor
Sold my Kubota B6100 when I moved to WA
Last weekend I bought a Leinbach post hole digger for my '78 B6100. I had rented a Danhuser before and it worked just fine although quite frankly it did have some trouble digging into my clay. (the cutting edge was really worn.)

The first hole I dug with the Leinback dug in like a knife through hot butter - it was great! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

But then it got stuck. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif I could not raise the auger out of the hole. I thought I had screwed it into the ground but the auger was rotating and was not going any deeper - the 3ph just couldn't raise it. I stopped the PTO put the 3ph in "UP" and with just a little assistance from my hand the auger came up out of the hole. It did bring up a goodly amount of heavy clay but it was not "screwed into" the ground.

Here's my dilemma - at no time was the 3ph pressure relief valve activated. I know what it sounds like because it activates briefly when the 3ph reaches full up (I don't have position control). So while trying to raise the PHD I must have been maxing out the weight capacity of the 3ph without activating the relief valve. (??) How is this possible? The engine was not lugging at any point either.

Also, I could not find a 3PH lift capacity listed in my owner's manual. Any idea where it's listed or where I might find out what it is supposed to be?

/ 3 Point Hitch lift capacity #2  
Bill, I believe that there is something wrong...I doubt you exceeded the lift capacity of the 3pt...especially if you were able to make a difference by hand. Did you check to make sure that your hydro fluid is up to snuff?

I'll cehck the lift spec when I get home...i think i have an original factory brochure of this model....