grey market kubota model identification

/ grey market kubota model identification #1  

autobody

Tractor
kubota ??? and bx24 and mitsu 2000d
i have an old grey kubota and i cannot figure out which model it is. any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
   / grey market kubota model identification #2  
Would it be possible to post additional photos from different angles?

/ grey market kubota model identification #3  
i have an old grey kubota and i cannot figure out which model it is. any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
From the picture it looks like the US model L185DT introduced in 1977. About that time the design of the rear final drives changed to the formed steel external gearboxes like your tractor has. Got the pic below from googling "L185DT" Does it look right to you?

Attachments

• L185DT.jpg
    L185DT.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 706
   / grey market kubota model identification
it sure looks awful close but i am still not sure. atleast it gives me another model number to research. thank you. here is a pic from a little different angle. steve

/ grey market kubota model identification #5  
How many cylinders does the engine have? Do you know any of the tractor's history? It sure looks like a late '70s L series. What is the third lever on top of the transmission? Maybe closeup pics of the engine, trans, final drives and front axle would narrow it down. The colors are unusual - looks like the red is older than the grey? Back when Kubota and Daedong units were sharing parts there was a similar red on the Daedong tractors. There may be a serial/model number under the paint on the left side near the steering box?

The Kubota L2201 discussed in this thread looks similar too.

Last edited:
i thank you for your input. this is the second time i have been told the possibility that it is a L2201dt. still not sure. if anyone has the specifications on this 2201 i would be happy to have it. as for the color, it has been painted over with the closest color that they could find, which is darker orange.i will try to download a pic that shows this. as for the top lever on the trans, it is a high low range on the trans. i hope i covered all of your questions, you have certainly covered some of mine. also, yes it is a 3cyl diesel. thanks

/ grey market kubota model identification #7  
That has English shift pattern numbers, when did grey market tractors switch from Japanese numbers?

i don't know when they changed to english numbers. but i have heard that the grey has a 4 speed pto where the usa has a 3 speed.

/ grey market kubota model identification #9  
I don't have a clue but I always said the early bota's always looked like Ford N's.

One thing for sure it has worked hard over the years. Says a lot.

Is that a Vera Bradley Designer Seat Cover?

Good Luck to you.

/ grey market kubota model identification #10  
You can go to the Kubota.com website and they have some basic information on gray market machines for identification only.