Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #131  
Randall -

Thanks for the reply. I didn't notice that you were talking about the L4400 at 2500 PSI. The L2800 and L3400 both use 2276 to 2347 PSI with the oil warmed up between 104F and 140F.

I liked the shop vac idea to keep the oil in while adding shims, so I'll give that a try.

Regards,

- Just Gary

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #132  
I have run mine at 2650 all summer with no issues. Even moved 90 yards of top soil with a high percentage of clay, and I still had to work the tractor to get the FEL to break out. Using a shop-vac is the only way to go, although I spin in a plastic 3/4 pipe plug a couple of turns while shimming the valve. Just in case.

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #133  
ritschner -

Thanks. I don't think you can ever have enough breakout force. When brute force doesn't work, you develop a special wrist action to lift and curl alternately to apply the needed force. I have noticed that popping roots is much easier with the root rake than with the bucket since I'm able to get that force where I want it, but I could still use more.

If I can get set up today I'll add a shim and try it out.

Regards,

- Just Gary

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #134  
Well, almost two years later and I finally bought a gauge and hooked it to a Q/D for my grapple. At idle I get about 1700 PSI, and at WOT I get almost 1900 PSI. I have always thought that I had plenty of FEL lift (the back gets really light with filled tires and a tiller for counterbalance), but I'm lacking breakout force. It looks like I'm around 400 PSI low, which will definitely help the breakout force if I shim it up to 2300 or so.

The question is, since some of you guys turned the wick up on your pressure almost two years ago, have you noticed any issues or problems yet? What about those of you who turned it up to 2500 PSI?

L2800 HST / LA463 FEL

Regards,

- Just Gary

One stainless #10 got me right on 2500 psi's.

No problems.

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #135  
Randall -

Thanks for the reply. I didn't notice that you were talking about the L4400 at 2500 PSI. The L2800 and L3400 both use 2276 to 2347 PSI with the oil warmed up between 104F and 140F.

I liked the shop vac idea to keep the oil in while adding shims, so I'll give that a try.

Regards,

- Just Gary

I would recommend not exceeding the max spec pressure and trying it. It made a big difference for me. Keep in mind going above the spec probably would void the warranty.

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #136  
I finally got around to doing mine... :ashamed: :eek: I bump mine up from 2250 to 2400psi... with just turning the nut that holds the shim in :thumbsup: (no drips, no oil, no mess) and took less then 5 minutes. I added 200+ pounds (tooth bar and grapple) and didn't want to lose too much lifting power.

Photos of the gauge and which nut to turn are shown in this thread: (third post)

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...7948-instructions-add-extra-spools-l2800.html

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #137  
I finally got around to doing mine... :ashamed: :eek: I bump mine up from 2250 to 2400psi... with just turning the nut that holds the shim in :thumbsup: (no drips, no oil, no mess) and took less then 5 minutes. I added 200+ pounds (tooth bar and grapple) and didn't want to lose too much lifting power.

Photos of the gauge and which nut to turn are shown in this thread: (third post)

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...7948-instructions-add-extra-spools-l2800.html

Great post Teg.:thumbsup:

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #138  
I have a Kubota 3130 w/ L513 loader, I would like to bump up the lifting pressure. where is the adjustment for this?

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #139  
I have a Kubota 3130 w/ L513 loader, I would like to bump up the lifting pressure. where is the adjustment for this?

Before you do ANYTHING, you need a pressure guage to check it.

And even if you do up the pressure, you will need to check it after you are done.

I cant say on the L3130, but on the L3400 there is a plug with a spring and ball. This is the pressure relief. By shimming the spring with washers, it makes it harder to open. Thus generating more PSI to open and return back to tank. Check your operators manual, it may say.

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #140  

Best check your pressure first. I bumped up my l3130 because it was close to 1000# low. I put it at 2600# and it of course made a huge difference.
Your loader is of course the weaker one so you are not going to make perform miracles.
The pressure relief is under your right foot. Your loader supply hoses come from the valve. Just take out the 22 or 24 mm nut and the whole relief valve comes out. The shims should be between the nut and the spring.
Check the pressure first.:thumbsup: