Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #161  
kcender said:
I know my 3240 has a PRV for my loader so the 3940 would have as well.I used it to adjust the pressure for my loader which made a difference in it's performance.I used shims from Kubota which are very cheap,I wouldn't use regular washers but thats just me.

This was done on the loader or on the tractor? Did u set it to the max pressure then? Thanks everyone :)

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #162  
The relief for the L**40 is in the loader valve which also supplies the oil and relief for the whole system including the 3pt.

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #163  
This was done on the loader or on the tractor? Did u set it to the max pressure then? Thanks everyone :)
It is in the loader valve which is up under and behind the right fender.I did it over two years ago so I can't remember the numbers but I know it would be a little over the maximum setting.I say this because the head service guy at the dealership was telling me that you can get away with about 10 percent over the max setting without any problems as they are rated conservatively to avoid any problems.I know some people may not agree with this but that was his opinion and I set the valve to get maximum performance.If it leads to problems then I will deal with it.I will say that I have over 800 hours on the tractor,with a lot of FEL work,and there are no problems YET.

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #164  
Been following this thread closely I've been wanting to check my L3400/LA463 loader with meter as described by lots of TBN members here. I don't have any problems or complaints with my tractor but was gonna shimmy it some according to specs if need be.
Problem :confused: I bought new liquid filled meter from Northern and new hydro/male/female couplins from TSC.I hooked it all up(tapped in) and I 'am getting a zero reading. I'am posting this before I get back to tractor and check to see if hydro fluid running through fittings(gonna have to take apart) and my other thought was bad meter or hole in bottom of meter somehow obstructed. I've cranked tractor up revved up some played with fel joy stick and nothing "NO READING" on meter.Like I previousely stated all new stuff not that something could have come defective. I even turned dial under seat both ways and no reading. Any other thoughts in meantime ? I'am I doing something wrong/misread something.
Big Thanks in advance I've been playing cowboy 40 something miles up road and have everthing hooked up wanting/waiting to check what I mentioned. :confused3:

Boone

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 367
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 290
   / Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #165  
Okay Update : With tractor idling I'am getting "0" reading. Then when I pressure joystick for FEL alway to the Right in the center position(neutral) like if its a four on the the floor tranny my reading immediately jumps up to 2100. Thoughts/ comments ? Should it not give me a reading just idling without pressureing fel joystick/control ? :confused3:
BTW tractor has correct hydro-fluid level and I'am warming it up (letting it idle). Thanks again in advance !

Boone

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #166  
Okay Update : With tractor idling I'am getting "0" reading. Then when I pressure joystick for FEL alway to the Right in the center position(neutral) like if its a four on the the floor tranny my reading immediately jumps up to 2100. Thoughts/ comments ? Should it not give me a reading just idling without pressureing fel joystick/control ? :confused3:
BTW tractor has correct hydro-fluid level and I'am warming it up (letting it idle). Thanks again in advance !

Boone

Boone, there is no flow or pressure applied to the port until you move the joystick to apply fluid to that port. The fluid goes into and right back out of the valve heading towards the 3pt. But none goes to one of the work ports until you move the valve to apply fluid to that port. So over and to the right (dump) applys fluid to the extend end of the top cylinders that would dump. Also 2100 sounds like low pressure, wasnt it supposed to be about 2350? I can't remember for sure, perhaps someone else would chime in with the factory nominal pressure.

James K0UA

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #167  
Boone, there is no flow or pressure applied to the port until you move the joystick to apply fluid to that port. The fluid goes into and right back out of the valve heading towards the 3pt. But none goes to one of the work ports until you move the valve to apply fluid to that port. So over and to the right (dump) applys fluid to the extend end of the top cylinders that would dump. Also 2100 sounds like low pressure, wasnt it supposed to be about 2350? I can't remember for sure, perhaps someone else would chime in with the factory nominal pressure.

James K0UA

Correct. No pressure until you actuate the joystick to open that port. If there was pressure there, your tractor would be trying to dump the loader all the time.

2100 is a bit low. I also believe it is supposed to be in the 2350 neighborhood.

Mine is set @ ~2600psi and I havent had any issues yet.

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #168  
James/LD1 got it and thank Ya's ! :thumbsup:
Will in next day or two use shop vac/pvc insurerance method.I have lots of shimes will try to hit the 2500 or slightly under reading.

Thanks again.

Boone

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #169  
If you add a QD to a tee and connect it to the IN port of the FEL valve, you can read any pressure the tractor pump is producing. If you leave it there, you can see the pressure for each function.

There is another relief at the rear of the tractor or on the hyd block. It could be set equal or lower that the FEL.

Using a 2 in cyl 1 in shaft:

If you bump up the pressure around 2500 psi, 100 psi = 315 lbs of force per cyl
-----------------------------------------------------500 psi = 1575 lbs of force per cyl

/ Bump up lift capacity of L3400/LA463 Loader #170  
Big Thanks to All !
Just got around to finishing bumping mine up from 2100 to 2550, tried it out back defiently noticed difference ! :thumbsup:
Used the shopvac method worked like a charm.

Boone

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 214