GR 2100.....again

/ GR 2100.....again #1  

csr0831

Silver Member
Greetings....

Does anyone have one of these units with over 200 hours that has NOT had troubles with the transmission???? Mine is just over three years old and only has 84 hours on it, but the transmission appears to be leaking now...grrrrrrrr. Thanks in advance...

Chris

/ GR 2100.....again #2  
I don't know why some of these guys won't speak up, their out there and you better find out exactly where it's leaking and get it fixed because the HST only holds .9 of one gallon of SUDT. Do a search for other post and you will discover how important it is to keep the oil level correct. I think Kubota knows they messed this prototype up pretty good and will make policy adjustments to warranty for original owners. I know several DEALERS WHO WON'T EVEN ORDER THE NEW GR2110s because of their problem with your model. Chris good luck

/ GR 2100.....again
Well ok...I finally got to looking. The leak appears to be coming from the seal around the input saft for the right rear wheel clutch...as near as I can tell. Everything bone else is dry. Dealer is picking it up today. Said Kubota extended the drive train warenty to 4 years, but I am not sure this will be consided part of the drive train. I asked him to check the relife valve trip pressure too, in case that is set too high prematurly blowing the seal. Guess we'll see. I'll follow up for those that may be interested.

Chris

/ GR 2100.....again #4  
Have 210 hrs on my GR2100. Serviced THREE times for concerns regarding loss of power with no improvement. Finally received word that the transmission needs to be rebuilt. I understand from other comments that the warranty was extended to 4 years on this model- this has not been offerred by the dealer nor did I receive a notice from Kubota of this extension.
I'm told this repair will be $700+. This in addition to previous expenses for work done that did not address the problem.
I was offered a buy back of $2500 towards a new purchase ($7200 purchase price)- seems a bit weak.
Any advice on reasonable options? Thanks

/ GR 2100.....again
I have the same unit you have and have ALWAYS maintianed that the transmission is weak. There are others on there that will tell yoiu that it is operating the way it should and maybe they're right, but for my money...in a unit this expensive it should not have any issues with getting the power to the ground. They did extend the warnties on these units, but it had nothing to do with power, but reather leaking issues. I have had them rebuild mone (at Kubotas expense) and it doesn't leak anymore, but it doesn have anymore power either. It did take a bit of persistance to get the sevice advisor to push them into honoring hte extended warenty, but they finally did. They do not advertise it and the unit must meet specific conditions before they will do anything. Good luck with yours...like me, if you hold on to it, you're just going to have to learn to live with the power (or lack of it) issues.