3130GST rpm max out at 1500

/ 3130GST rpm max out at 1500 #1  

golfgooroo

Howdy. We managed to make it through Hurricane IKE and while cleaning up all the mess, my RPMs have maxxed out at 1500. I've checked the linkage and all seems okay. I changed the filter (pretty dirty) and still same problem. It idles fine but at full throttle (both cruise and pedal), the RPM only rise to 1500. Any suggestions?

/ 3130GST rpm max out at 1500 #2  
I would suspect a stick or similar keeping it from going full. Double check. Does it no load run up beyond 1500 rpm?

/ 3130GST rpm max out at 1500
At no load, it still does not go past 1500 rpm. I've also manually engaged the throttle at the engine with same response.

/ 3130GST rpm max out at 1500 #4  
Could be a fuel issue. Bleed the fuel system this will get rid of any air or water that may be in the rack and injectors.
With the engine running open the valve at the rack. Loosen each nut on the fuel line at each injector, do this one at a time. Allow any air in the system a few seconds to be pushed out then tighten the line nut. If this dose not clear your problem, then check if you have an air leak in the fuel delivery line/filter before the injector pump. KennyV.

Well, I bled all three of the line nuts and found no leaks in the delivery line. I thought it was unrelated before but as I added diesel before this happened, I also added injector cleaner. I'm guessing that it loosened some gunk and has clogged at least one injectors. Is removing the injectors, the most reasonable next step? It looks pretty involved since it seems I will need to remove the air flushing ring (at least that what I call it) before I can remove any injectors to inspect. Is the Kubota shop manuals useful to those who own them? Thanks for the help-

/ 3130GST rpm max out at 1500 #6  
Do I understand correctly that the RPM goes to 1500 with or without load?
If that is the case, the fuel delivery system probably is not the problem. If there was blockage or leakage, the revs would drop when a load is applied.
It sounds like a problem in the linkage that is only opening the throttle partially. The governor would increase fuel flow as a load is applied to keep the revs at the set point. Just like running at a partial throttle setting.

You got it....the RPMs stay at 1500 with or without load. The linkage seems to be okay though. I can increase the throttle all the way at the throttle body with same results.

So can the throttle body itself be a culprit to this problem. The cable linkages between the pedal and cruise are okay but is there something else to investigate with the throttle?

/ 3130GST rpm max out at 1500 #9  
You mentioned changing a dirty filter but didn't sat air or fuel. With the amount of moisture you've had, I would suspect water in the fuel filter possibly.

It was a dirty fuel filter with mostly sediment in the filter. Would water in the fuel cause a response like this for a max RPM of 1500 or so? I can attempt to change the fuel but I don't think water has contaminated the fuel.