New BX25 Question

/ New BX25 Question #1  

MacTractor

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 JD 2320
Well,

My new BX25 arrived last night and I already have 4 hours on the unit making a mess of my yard. I love it! It is going to take a couple times getting the hang of the BH but so far I have been able to dig holes pretty easy. I also removed my first stump. I have found the machine more pwerfull than expected especially the FEL. I picked up a rock with it that I didn't think it would be able to. So far I have been keeping the RPM's around 2500 so I haven't even scratched the surface yet with the capabilities.

The only issue I have had so far is the seat switch. I have 2 areas in my yard where I go down a little slope into another part. On the way back up the machine just died. I restarted it and again as I start moving it just died again. It appears the natural thing for me to do going up is to lean into the backrest and this causes the switch to lose contact and the machine dies. I am now making an effort to keep putting pressure on the bottom of the seat in this situation but it feels awkward while going up a steep slope.

Anyone else find this the case?

/ New BX25 Question #3  
Yes you can adjust it, thought I was going to have to on my 2350 but the new seat fixed that for me:eek:.

/ New BX25 Question #4  
Yes you can adjust it, thought I was going to have to on my 2350 but the new seat fixed that for me:eek:.

I had the same issue on my bx2350. The dealer put on a new seat for free and now I am good to go.

/ New BX25 Question
I am going to look into the adjustability of this swtich. It is becoming a PITA. The first time it happend I was pushing dirt down the bank at the side of my driveway. When I went to reverse the tractor would just labour and stall. I increased the RPM's with no luck. I thought for a minute, great, this thing must have an issue because I am in low range and it does not have enough power when pushing the reverse peddle all the way to pull it self out. I realized though in the end that when it starts to move my weight moves a bit forward on the seat and the unit was cutting out do to the switch. Once I figured this out I made an effort to keep pressure on the seat and it pulled out just fine.

Thanks for the responses though. It is great to have this resource with my new toy!:)