b7100 hst hsd?

/ b7100 hst hsd? #1  

maddog8211

Hi everyone, first post here, read about every one posted about the b7100. Neighbor has a 1994 b7100 with 180 hrs on it with a few implements, tractor is like new, but has no loader. Kubota doesnt make one anymore and have been looking at Koyker. Talking to the closest Koyker dealer he told me that the loader will not fit on a HSD model, only the HST. My question is, what is the difference. On the hood the decal says HST, however down below it says HSD, but another ID says HSt-D. I dont want to buy this tractor if I cant put a loader on it. Anyone know how to make a definate identification. Tried comparing pictures on tractorhousecom but I cant tell any difference from the photos...thanks for any help

/ b7100 hst hsd? #2  
HST simply means a hydrostatic transmission. So they made an HST HSE (2-wheel drive) and an HST HSD (4-wheel drive). I think that's the only difference in the two. I bought a new 1995 B7100 HSD (it had both labels, just as you mentioned, and of course was 4-wheel drive as is the one you're looking at) and had the Kubota B1630C front end loader. A different Kubota dealer was selling new Kubotas at the time with Koyker loaders which he claimed to like better, but he didn't gave a reason. I suspected that he made a little more profit on the Koyker loaders, but as far as I know they're good loaders.

And welcome to Tractorbynet.

/ b7100 hst hsd? #3  
I have an older gear B7100 which I recently fitted with a FEL (Westendorf TA55) (which I like very much BTW)

But my point is that most manufacturers will be more than happy to tell you whether their loader will work or not on your particular tractor as virtually all loaders must be adapted to a particular tractor with a variety of parts to form a subframe etc.

Also, based on a lot of searching I did recently, you might be able to determine accurate application information directly on a mfr's website. (Koyker, Westendorf, Bush Hog, etc) When I got right down to it working out the final details of the parts needed to make everything go together, I found the manufacturer's customer service to be more than helpful.

Before that, I had a Kubota dealer look me in the eye and swear that it would be impossible to find a FEL which would work on a tractor the age of mine.

Best of luck and welcome
Sherweld

/ b7100 hst hsd? #4  
i'm fairly certain a B7100 FEL will fit yours, particularly if it's for a 4WD B7100.

not sure but the subframe mounts may differ in some cases...most likely just 2WD to 4WD though?? so yours being 4WD, it should work.

can anyone verify for sure that 2WD FEL's don't fit on 4WD B7100's?

do the FEL's get in the way at all while mowing or add enough weight to slow it down? I use mine as my mower so it's not worth it to me if it slows down mowing at all.

/ b7100 hst hsd? #5  
The FEL and MMM must be compatible. Otherwise the components of either could get in the way of each other.

Looking at a B7100 HST four wheel drive [ or is it assist ?? ] there really should be no difference in loader fitting.?:D To the best of my knowledge which can be challenged.:eek:

/ b7100 hst hsd? #6  
do the FEL's get in the way at all while mowing or add enough weight to slow it down? I use mine as my mower so it's not worth it to me if it slows down mowing at all.

I tried mowing with the FEL attached to my B7500, ONCE. Slowed me down considerably as I have many trees and other obstacles to mow near and/or around. Missed taking the mailbox post off by about two inches. Now, the FEL is always off to mow. The practice taking the FEL on/off has been good for me anyway.

/ b7100 hst hsd? #7  
As Egon says the loader and MMM must be compatible. My B6100 has a B1630 loader, my manual says only the B1630C is compatible with a MMM. This loader seems to be the standard on these little tractors so maybe you can locate a used one.

/ b7100 hst hsd? #8  
The koyker website shows the model 120 FEL as being compatible for a B7100 with "front wheel assist and no cab". The site did NOT mention compatability with an MMM..

/ b7100 hst hsd? #9  
The koyker website shows the model 120 FEL as being compatible for a B7100 with "front wheel assist and no cab". The site did NOT mention compatability with an MMM..

And did you notice that the same model is listed for the 2-wheel drive? If I couldn't get an OEM Kubota loader; i.e., the B1630C loader, I think that Koyker is the way I'd want to go.

/ b7100 hst hsd? #10  
I use to have a B7100 with a Westendorf loader. Great little tractor. One of the best made. Can't remember the model number of the loader. Westendorf makes a very good loader. Probably a little more expensive than Koyker. Mine was gear drive with 4WD.