Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet??

/ Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet?? #1  

RRbota

Tractor
Kubota 2620
I've got a 2620 with loader, and was installing the front quick hitch (2733) to use with the snowblower and broom. The quick hitch is the same unit that is listed for the B2410, so it's been around awhile.

Well, the hitch fits the tractor, but not the loader frame. There's 2 side mounting plates that need to be slightly altered by drilling a hole in them. That's not as bad as the other problem, though. The rear of the unit has a weldment that is made to fit on the outside of the subframe. For the hitch to fit correctly, it must tuck-up tight to the tractor underside. The loader frame cross member is slotted to allow the necessary clearance. The problem is that the relief slots are positioned as if the above-mentioned rear weldment piece was made to fit on the inside of the subframe.

My dealer knows nothing about this, as I am the first person they sold a new B to with the quick-hitch and loader. They were going to call Kubota, but haven't gotten back to me yet (it's been almost a week).

I'm quite capable of making this fit, but if I start cutting and welding on it, I blow my warranty.

I'm curious....did I just get an "old stock" quick hitch?? Were there some recent changes made so it will fit on a new B with loader??

/ Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet?? #2  
My bill of sale lists the quick hitch as 2733A. Is this the one you mean, or is there a 2733 also?

I just called my dealer today to check on the snowblower arrival and installation. I'm not looking forward to it now.

/ Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet?? #3  
If that quick hitch is supposed to fit the loader, I wouldn't even think about modifying it myself. I'd insist on a quick hitch that fits properly from the outset. I suspect you got the wrong model hitch. I also think that Kubota will do the right thing and get the right one to your dealer in short order. I'd keep after my dealer until that happened though. Keep us updated.

/ Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet?? #4  
Since you have a B2620 which is new, you can't have the "old stock" quick hitch, correct. If by old, you mean the quick hitch that would fit on the B3030, it is a B2791.

The quick hitch on the B3030 requires that you take off the loader. You can't have both the loader and the snowblower on at the same time.

Are you saying that the loader and a front blower can be on the machine at the same time, or does the blower use the loader arms somehow?

When I look at the pictures the B2620 with blower, it looks like the B3030. If that is true, loader comes off, and quick hitch and blower goes on.

Of course I don't really know since I haven't the B2620. I am just speculating a bit.

/ Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet??
I just got off the phone with my dealer. Kubota claims that I have the right kits (B2733A), and that no one else has complained of it not fitting. I know this is from another thread, but I also mentioned the poorly-designed mmm height adjuster (along with my "fixes" for it).....they know there is a problem, but no revisions yet.

I guess I should try to clarify things a bit with the front quick hitch......
As I mentioned above, it is part no. B2733A. It's listed to work with all the "pre-20" series B's.....2400, 2410, 7610, etc. The new B's (2320, 2620, & 2920) aren't even listed on the cover of the manual. This makes me think that this particular quick hitch model has been around for awhile, and fits a number of tractors. When I put it together, that proved to be the case. All the bolt holes line up to mount it to the frame of the tractor. However, we all can see that there has been a major change in the FEL bracketry when comparing the old B's with the new ones. This is where the problem lies....where the rear of the subframe is pinned...about in the middle of the tractor. The subframe hits the loader mount crossmember, and cannot fit up where it's supposed to. The loader and arms are removed, but the "lower portion" of the mounting brackets that bolt to the tractor frame are still installed. It would be a major ordeal if one would have to remove everything related to the FEL to install another attachment....wouldn't it??

smfcpacfp.....funny you should mention the B2791 on the 3030. When I went to my dealer last week, he had a 2320 with FEL next to a 3030 with a front-mounted brush. Those are the 2 tractors I used to explain my problem to him. The quick hitch for the 3030 is very similar to my 2733 quick hitch. One of the exceptions is the rear piece that the pin goes through. If that piece on my hitch were like the one on the 3030, it would work ! ! It would fit up in the relief slots in the crossmember from the FEL bracket, just like it looks like it was designed to do ! !

/ Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet?? #6  
I believe there is a bulletin on this and you need to ream the hole to fit a 7/8th pin.

I will see if I can find it.

NM it was for the MMM

/ Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet?? #7  
I'm confused; is the 'quick hitch supposed to stay on when the loader is in use. On my B3030 that is not possible due to clearance with the front part of the 'quick hitch ' and the cross memebers of the loader. If that has changed, it would be a big improvement. I did weld up a little dolly for the quick hitch assemeby so at least it's easy to wheel into position to put on and take off.

/ Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet?? #8  
My salesman told me that the quick hitch would not interfere with the loader. My expectation was that I could switch between loader and front blower without removing the hitch or any of the loader supports. I don't know if this is going to work out yet. If not, Kubota will need to fix the situation quickly as this is completely unacceptable and uncharacteristic if true.

/ Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet??
Jason - - what hole needs reaming for the mmm?? If it's like mine, my guess would be the holes for pinning the deck up. The only way I can pin mine up is if I use a small diameter bolt....like 1/4". The holes don't line up at all. Luckily, I don't really have a need to pin it up. It's quicker for me to take the mmm off, than to spend the time jacking and tugging and pulling....just to try to line up the holes to work in the pins (or smaller diameter bolts) ! !

Evil and Forester - - the front hitch can't stay on when using the loader. I really don't think you'd want it on anyway, since there's quite a bit of ground clearance lost. The loader crossmember I'm referring to (where the quick hitch hits the loader frame), is at the rear of the hitch frame....where the pin goes through to fasten it to the tractor. A rolling dolly would definately be a good idea. That quick hitch assembly is not light ! !

What I'm looking to do....actually expecting.....is to set mine up like smfcpacfp. If you look at the pictures with his snowblower, the "lower, tractor frame mounted" portion of the FEL mount (may be called the FEL subframe??) remains on the tractor. I should not have to remove portions of that FEL mount just to install the quick hitch. Especially when there are "relief slots" already cut in the loader crossmember to provide the needed clearance. They just need to be moved about 1/2" from their current position.

My dealer is coming over to look at my tractor and hitch today, to see exactly what I'm talking about, since Kubota claims there is no problem. I'll keep you posted.

/ Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet?? #10  
The only time it would be nice is if you need the loader in winter. It's not an issue with me because I have a seperate tractor w/ a loader. You're right the ground clearance is very low with it on. I only have to remove the loader to put on the quick hitch assemby not ANY of the loader mounting hardware. I also have a MMM and none of that mounting hardware is in the way either. Hope you get it figured out; sounds like a pain. I also did not have to drill out anything to mount unit but maybe the dealer had aready done the initial reaming.