kubota la514 loader vs la724 loader

/ kubota la514 loader vs la724 loader #1  

digdug1

Tractor
Kubota L3240
I recently purchased a new grand L 3240hst. I got the 514 loader. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he will upgrade me to the la724 for $693. Does anyone have experience with both? Is it worth the additional $693? Any help would be great. Thanks.

/ kubota la514 loader vs la724 loader #2  
It will be the best $$$ spent on the tractor.

Your 514 loader would NOT be able to pick up a heaped 72" bucket of dirt (16 cuft). Figure about 80-100 pounds per cuft and you are well over the lift capacity.

/ kubota la514 loader vs la724 loader #3  
I have the 724 and could not live with any less of a loader. I find the loader a bit weak when moving material from a pile but i should never hurt the unit this way. I would rather take a few more loads than replacing front end parts years down the road.

DO NOT forget to have your rear tires loaded!
Buy the 724!

/ kubota la514 loader vs la724 loader
Thanks for the advice. There seems to be plenty of people who like the 724 loader. I am going tomorrow to swap loaders.

/ kubota la514 loader vs la724 loader #5  
Yep, My 3240 hst has the 724 loader on it. I don't think I would have been happy with the 514. Its nice to have the capacity of the bucket and hydraulics!
Money well spent.

/ kubota la514 loader vs la724 loader
I picked up the LA724 today. It looks good on the tractor. The loader is noticeably stronger than the 514. The arms are bigger and the quick attach for the bucket is built heavier. It is a little slower and smoother to operate as compared to the 514 (still plenty fast). With loaded tires the tractor seems to handle the loader ok. It does seem like the operator will need to be more responsible with this loader. Kubota has the loader listed as an option so I assume the tractor can handle the additional stress. I appreciate the input and I am happy with the new loader!