Snow B2920 Snow Plow

/ B2920 Snow Plow #1  

boroxc

Tractor
B2920
Hello everyone... I've been meaning to get back and and post an update/review of my B2920 that I received this May but I haven't had the time. This is not the review yet but its coming some time next week. I'm wondering if anyone else has the Quick Hitch B2791 for either the blower or plow on a B2920. It looks like Kubota is not issuing new manuals for the quick hitch since the B2920 is not even mentioned in the directions or the "for Tractors....." on the cover. In fact the web site doesn't list any Quick Hitch models. My dealer insists it is the correct model and as a result it took me most of this morning put it on. Things just don't seem to go easily when the directions aren't complete for your tractor.... Well after about 5 hours of fighting with it I think I have it right except for one thing. I can't seem to get the subframe to rest flush on the tractors bumper? The attached picture shows what I'm referring to. If anyone has a fix please let me know. If there is no fix do you think its worth having the dealer install it since I don't want to void any warranty? Finally does anyone else have the BH on the 2920? I find the seat is a real PAIN :( in the Seat! I just doesn't slid forward far enough I feel. And as a result when mowing I feel I'm reaching for the steering wheel and when done I have a sore back? I looked at the B2920 w/out the Bh and the seat moves more due to a different mechanism. As many problems Kubota had with the BX seats you'd think they would have worked on this longer before issuing a new model.

Thanks for your help and let it snow.......

Attachments

• Bumper_gap.jpg
    Bumper_gap.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 1,151
  • Bota_Plow.jpg
    Bota_Plow.jpg
    587.4 KB · Views: 2,750
  • Bota_Plow_hoses.jpg
    Bota_Plow_hoses.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 1,818
   / B2920 Snow Plow #2  
I just went through something similar with the front quick hitch for my 2620. I got a 2733 quick hitch with my tractor. When I put it on, I found that the rear of the hitch's subframe would hit the crossmember of the FEL subframe, making it impossible to line up the holes in the hitch with the holes in the brackets (side plates) needed to pin the rear of the hitch. It would also cause the front of the hitch to not sit flush on the bumper....like your's.

The Service Manager from my dealer came over to look at my dilemma, since Kubota insisted they don't have a problem with the front hitches fitting on the new B's. He noticed that my manual didn't have as many pages as the copy Kubota emailed him. That's when it struck us.......my manual (which, by the way, is like your's.....no mention of the new B's at all......everything in it references older models)....my manual says 2733 Quick Hitch. The hitch itself had a sticker with model number 2733 on it. The manual Kubota emailed the Service Manager said model 2733A. They originally gave me the wrong hitch ! ! I swapped it out with a 2733A, and all fits as it should.

Strangely enough, the manual that was packed with this latest, correct hitch, was the same manual as what I got with the first hitch. No mention of the new B's. Since there are a few different brackets with the A hitch, I wanted to make sure I had the correct manual. The extra pages in the new manual are needed for the instructions specifically for the new B's. The 2320, 2620 and 2920 are even listed on the cover.

I think your dealer possibly made the same mistake as my dealer did. According to my new manual, the 2920 takes the same hitch as my tractor.....2733A.....not the 2791, like you ended up with.

/ B2920 Snow Plow #3  
Since the 2620 and 2920 are the same tractor, except for the engines, it would make sense that they would use the same front quick hitch.

In looking more closely at your pictures (especially the 2nd one), I really do think your dealer gave you the wrong hitch. The brackets that you pin the rear of the hitch to (I'll call them "pinning" brackets)....the one's bolted to the side of the tractor (to the FEL subframe)....are way too low. The correct brackets will only use the front bolt hole (of the 2 you are currently using), plus the 2 bolt holes above them. This will raise the rear of the hitch, changing the angle enough to allow it to fit flush on your bumper. When pinned in place, the rear of the hitch subframe will just barely clear the FEL subframe crossmember underneath the tractor.

Also, it looks like the front part (male half) of your hitch is longer than the 2733A.....at least in the pictures.

Another side note......the 2733 and 2733A are exactly the same hitches. The only differences are the 2 side "pinning" brackets and a couple of hose routing brackets.

Good luck ! ! I know it can be frustrating. I'm lucky, since I won't need my hitch until I need the snowblower. I'm glad I didn't wait until the snow was falling ! !

/ B2920 Snow Plow #4  
boroxc,

What model number is the snow plow that you have in your pictures? Do you know if this is the regular or heavy duty blade? I have a snowplow, snow blower and quick hitch on order for my new B2320. I am having the dealer install as part of the deal. It kind of looks like there may be some issues with quick hitches on these tractors.

/ B2920 Snow Plow #5  
Farmall - - if you have quick hitch 2733A coming, there will be no problems.

I agree with you....there seems to be problems with the front quick hitches on the new B's. Not totally unexpected with new models.

However, from my experiences, the problems seem to be "dealer created". If you go to the "Build my Kubota" page on the Kubota website, the front quick hitch listed for the 2320, 2620, and 2920 is the 2733A. 2733A is also the number listed in the salesman's books. 2733A is the number on my billing paperwork. When my tractor was delivered, the quick hitch crate said 2733. None of us paid any attention to the missing "A". That was a mistake. The "A" is important (as you can read in my previous posts). I now have quick hitch 2733A, and it fits my 2620 as it was designed to fit.

Now, I'm not saying that the dealer is totally to blame. There is some help from Kubota. As I'm sure we all have seen, just because Kubota's website says something, doesn't guarantee that it's correct. There's alot of incorrect information right on Kubota's own website. It's frustrating for us, the consumer. I can imagine it's even more frustrating for the dealers. I know the dealers have access to a different version of the website. For their sake, I hope someone "proof-read" it before it was released ! !

/ B2920 Snow Plow
RRbota... You were right my dealer delivered the wronge Quick Hitch! They are going to see if they can locate a 2733A for me. This time of year I hope to get it before the snow flies! Seeing I was a close to getting one that was not designed for my tractor as close as I did to working I'm hoping the 2733 will be a cake walk!

Farmall45b... I'll have to get back to you about the model # on the plow. I'm at work now. From what I recall it should be the normal 60" plow. As it is it appears more than substanial! I saw a MF with what looks like the exact same plow on it, also made in Canada.

For those interested in more info on the new B's with Quick Hitch issues there is another thread with more information on it Anyone put Kubota's front quick hitch on their new B yet?? - TractorByNet.com

Good Luck!

/ B2920 Snow Plow #7  
My dealer has the 2733A on order for me and is going to install it when it comes in. He expects it around the 1st of Novemeber and promised that I would be up and running before snow starts falling. He better hope that we don't have an early snowfall here. When I was ordering my blade he said there was a standard duty and a heavy duty 60 inch blade. I am curious to here what model number boroxc's blade that is pictured is and see if it is the same model number that I have on order. It looks to be plenty substantial.

/ B2920 Snow Plow
My dealer has the 2733A on order for me and is going to install it when it comes in. He expects it around the 1st of Novemeber and promised that I would be up and running before snow starts falling. He better hope that we don't have an early snowfall here. When I was ordering my blade he said there was a standard duty and a heavy duty 60 inch blade. I am curious to here what model number boroxc's blade that is pictured is and see if it is the same model number that I have on order. It looks to be plenty substantial.

Farmall45B- The plow model number is B2765A 60inch. The manual lists it as a front Dozer Blade. The manual is also for model B2775 70 inch version. It does not discribe it anywhere as heavy duty but it does have the ability to lock the plow blade so that it can be used as a dozer blade (meaning that the blade will be locked and the springs will not be able to release any tension.)

Good luck with your now this winter. I know I'm looking forward to it.:D