Flipped my BX24

/ Flipped my BX24 #1  

Chuck1949

Tractor
BX-24, Ford 8N 1949
Hello All,
I backed over a rock and flipped the BX on its side. Had the roll bar up and the seat belt on so I didn't get hurt. I turned the tractor off immediately . The BX was on it's side for about 40 minutes.I lost some oil and coolant. What must I do before I start it?
Thank you,

/ Flipped my BX24 #3  
Chuck,

You should pull the nozzles (or glow plugs) and crank the engine over for a few rounds to blow out any remaining liquid on top of the pistons. If not, you will bend a rod.

Also, the ROPS is a one trick pony - meaning, it should be changed if there is any damage to it. You do not know if it absorbed any impact as the tractor rolled.

You can always get another tractor but you are not replacable.

/ Flipped my BX24 #4  
Yikes! Glad you're alright. I think the first thing you should do is post pictures. :D

I hope others are reading and pondering "Had the roll bar up and the seat belt on so I didn't get hurt."

I've read some other threads here about rolling tractors and there was a good deal of information about what to do before starting it back up.

/ Flipped my BX24 #6  
Chuck,

You should pull the nozzles (or glow plugs) and crank the engine over for a few rounds to blow out any remaining liquid on top of the pistons. If not, you will bend a rod.

Also, the ROPS is a one trick pony - meaning, it should be changed if there is any damage to it. You do not know if it absorbed any impact as the tractor rolled.

quote]

I would just look over the ROPs. I rolled a tiny Kubota years ago onto it's side and I don't think there is anyway that a machine that small could damage the rollbar.

As far as liquid goes, just give it a few minutes and it will drain down into the oil pan. You may want to change oil later.

Andy

/ Flipped my BX24
All,
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how to pull the glow plugs. The tractor was only on its side for a short time. The time it took to get the "come along" and a chain. I hooked the bottom main frame and rapped the chain on a big rock and gently pull it up right. I didn't even break the lights,
Thanks to all,
Chuck

/ Flipped my BX24
All,
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how to pull the glow plugs. The tractor was only on its side for a short time. The time it took to get the "come along" and a chain. I hooked the bottom main frame and rapped the chain on a big rock and gently pull it up right. I didn't even break the lights,
Thanks to all,
Chuck
" Rule number 1 is don't get hurt"

/ Flipped my BX24 #10  
Chuck, First, glad you are ok. Did it seem fast or slow on the roll?