Chains Winter is coming...L3240 Tire Chains

/ Winter is coming...L3240 Tire Chains #11  
Why not try it without chains and see how it goes. Chains can always be added if you think they will help.:D

I have chains on all four wheels on my little Kubota B7100. On the 20 degree icy slippery driveway slope they surely do make a difference for me. :D

/ Winter is coming...L3240 Tire Chains #12  
"Chains can always be added if you think they will help."

Undoubtedly.

Although:

Sometimes they can become difficult to obtain if winter becomes more wintry than expected.

Sometimes they can become more difficult to install when the tractor is at the bottom of a ravine.

The principle involved is no different than the basic fundamental of a tractor: traction.

If you have it, the entire capability of your tractor is available. If you don't...

/ Winter is coming...L3240 Tire Chains #13  
I have the Norse Boron caulk H ladder chains on the rears of my L4400. They are very aggressive but will gouge asphalt when they slip, for example when you are plowing and lifting the bucket(blade) into a big pile of snow, or starting to back up a relatively steep drive or road with a bucket full of snow( weight forward). On the whole very satisfactory
simonmeridew

Attachments

• new kubota chains close.jpg
    new kubota chains close.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 246
   / Winter is coming...L3240 Tire Chains #14  
Got a 3240HSTC this past spring. Recently did some blowing of heavy wet snow and found that I didn't have enough traction for the steepest parts without chains. I was forced to proceed up the hill with my blower lifted, turn around at the top and blow going downhill. It has been very slippery at just below freezing. We'll see how much the traction improves in colder weather. Otherwise I'll be looking for chains.

/ Winter is coming...L3240 Tire Chains #15  
I will be using our new L3540 hsdc for commercial snow operations this winter, we have turfs and dont expect to need chains. I will keep the weight box (1000#) on the rear.

/ Winter is coming...L3240 Tire Chains #16  
I'm going to use my B3030 to plow my very steep driveway this winter. I have rimguard loaded rear tires and v-bar chains both front and rear. I don't think I will have any traction problems with this set-up. The only problem I had was that I had to install rear wheel spacers to gain clearance between the rear tires and the fenders.

/ Winter is coming...L3240 Tire Chains #17  
If you have hills like I do you will need chains.

I went a winter without chains and had my tractor slide sideways more then once on even slight down-slopes:eek:

I then added rear 4 link v-bar chains and they made a huge difference. Last winter I added a snowblower. I wanted to try and keep my trails cleared so I added 2 link front v-bar chains. In order to do so I had to reverse the front wheels. Now my tractor will go anywhere without any problems:)

If you buy chains buy 2 link ones-better ride and traction. The Norse ones like Simon has are better the Tire Chains by TireChains.com ones I have.

/ Winter is coming...L3240 Tire Chains #18  
quote=Ace3;1534099]I'm going to use my B3030 to plow my very steep driveway this winter. I have rimguard loaded rear tires and v-bar chains both front and rear. I don't think I will have any traction problems with this set-up. The only problem I had was that I had to install rear wheel spacers to gain clearance between the rear tires and the fenders.[/quote]

You are going to love your tractor with those chains all-around;)