Mowing Mower Deck & 3PH Lift

/ Mower Deck & 3PH Lift #1  

Einsteim

Tractor
Kubota L39
I have a friend who recently purchased a B7300 (pics attached) with a newly installed mower deck. With the deck installed and working properly, the arms on the 3 point hitch are limited in their lift height. (2) brackets that came with the mower deck have "ears" that prevent liting the 3PH very high. Do these brackets (pictured) need to be removed with the mower deck off to fully realize the lift height on the 3PH? The ideal situation would be to remove the deck only and NOT remove the brackets and hardware to be able to use the 3PH.

Attachments

• picts 009.jpg
    picts 009.jpg
    812 KB · Views: 1,582
  • picts 010.jpg
    picts 010.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 1,577
  • picts 011.jpg
    picts 011.jpg
    818.2 KB · Views: 700
   / Mower Deck & 3PH Lift #2  
I have a b1750 with the same setup as you. I use my 3ph with my mower deck still attached and it raises up fine all the way. Those ears are what actually raise and lower the mower deck. It uses the 3ph lower arms to raise and lower the mid mount mower. If his 3ph is not raising implements up all the way, I would suspect a different problem.

Good Luck!

/ Mower Deck & 3PH Lift #3  
The mower deck lift linkage doesn't/ shouldn't impinge on the lift height of the 3ph. If for some reason the 3ph is being restricted from full lift by the deck linkage, then something is seriously out of adjustment.

/ Mower Deck & 3PH Lift #4  
1st thought:
Is the connecting rods that go from the orange brackets on the 3pt arms to the mower deck lift are not adjusted correctly and need to be lengthend so that the mower lift mechanisim doesn't stop the 3pt arm from raising.​

2nd thought:
Is that the connecting rods are the wrong length for your tractor and mower setup.​

3rd thought:
What is that bracket to the left of the center link on the 3pt? Is it possibly in the way of the left lift arm?​

I'm sure if you look at it long enough you will see what it is being limited by. With the 3pt lowered all the way down you should be able to raise and lower the 3pt arms by hand and not have the tractor running and risk damaging what ever is limiting it from raising all the way. There is quite a bit of power in the 3pt arms.

/ Mower Deck & 3PH Lift #5  
This might be a stupid suggestion, but looking at where the mower brackets attached to the 3PH lower arms, any chance you have them reversed left side vs right? The way the are now, it looks like the top of the orange bracket will hit that bump out on the transmission just above it as it raises.

/ Mower Deck & 3PH Lift #6  
The lift rods probably need to have the length adjusted so that the mower tops out when the three point is at maximum. Gotta also make sure the stop for the three point is also set right for this to happen.:)

/ Mower Deck & 3PH Lift #7  
I adjusted the linkage for the deck, until the deck was in the top position at the same time as the 3ph lift arms. The things you call ears on the 3PH can stay on there when the deck is removed. just try the adjustment it should work. From the looks of it it seems it is a suspended deck. My problem was actually the opposite. The deck would not go high enough when the hitch was raised fully.

I would suggest to get a 26" tow bar and install it just to keep the 3PH arms from flapping around when there is nothing on the hitch and you are just mowing. You can find some other uses for it as well.

/ Mower Deck & 3PH Lift #8  
Einsteim we have a B1750 and don't have those orange limiters on the 3PH. I'd try taking them off and then slowly/incrementally try lifting the rear deck and see what happens...if you can grab the drive shaft and wiggle it and still feel some slop in both U joints then your OK to keep elevating as long as you can feel slop as high as it will go.

On our 72" woods mower the 3PH will raise the deck 10-12" off the ground...but you CAN'T mow that high without stressing the drive shaft...the height is for traveling ONLY.

Looking at one of the pics I see a flat brass connecting rod on the right and it looks like it connects to the orange limiting ear...I dunno what that is, hopefully it's not connected.

/ Mower Deck & 3PH Lift #9  
Einsteim we have a B1750 and don't have those orange limiters on the 3PH. I'd try taking them off and then slowly/incrementally try lifting the rear deck and see what happens...if you can grab the drive shaft and wiggle it and still feel some slop in both U joints then your OK to keep elevating as long as you can feel slop as high as it will go.
you have a 3ph deck? the orange ears are for the mid mount deck

Looking at one of the pics I see a flat brass connecting rod on the right and it looks like it connects to the orange limiting ear...I dunno what that is, hopefully it's not connected.

the "ears" are not (or should not) be limiting the trable of they 3ph arms, they are for lifting the MMM, if you remove them the MMM will not lift at all.
they are identical to the ones my my FIL's B7510 with the 60" MMM
if you lift the 3ph arms by hand with the deck off (like someone suggested further up) you will see where they are binding.

Aaron Z

/ Mower Deck & 3PH Lift #10  
After looking at your pictures again I think there may be a problem on the orange assembly that is near the top link connection. On the left side (that is obscured) in the second picture there is a large knob that supposed to go under the 3ph upper left lift arm. It seems so that it might be above the lift arm thus limiting the lift height very firmly. In fact that is the function of that whole thing but it supposed to go under the lift arm and limit how far 3ph arms and the deck goes down. The pin that selects the height of that knob also determines the cutting height. When the deck is not in use that pin must be removed because it limits the lowest position of the 3ph lift arms. If this is the case the linkage under the tractor may have nothing to do with the problem at all. It actually sounds a bit complicated, but dealing with all this adjustment stuff only takes seconds after a proper setup. I could send some pix a little later if you would like.