GEAR RATIO?

/ GEAR RATIO? #1  

bx1860

I am trying to find the front and rear gear ratio's for the bx1850 and 2350. I have searched here and every where. Call the local dealer and they do not know either. Can some one please tell the the ratio's or let me know where I could find them. Thanks.

/ GEAR RATIO? #2  
I am trying to find the front and rear gear ratio's for the bx1850 and 2350. I have searched here and every where. Call the local dealer and they do not know either. Can some one please tell the the ratio's or let me know where I could find them. Thanks.

I would call the corporate office as they buy everything/build everthing here in the states except for the motors/prime movers and transmissions:)

/ GEAR RATIO?
Been down that road too. No luck.

/ GEAR RATIO? #4  
Compare the rolling circumference ratio of the front tire to the rear.
If you have the tractor close at hand and a helper, Jack up the left OR right side, both front and rear. Then count how many full and partial revolutions the front tire makes as you turn the rear tire, at least, 10 full turns. Front number divided by the rear number is the ratio. KennyV.

/ GEAR RATIO? #5  
If you want the larger wheels why not get the 2350 instead of the 1850 ?

/ GEAR RATIO? #6  
Rear tire diameter divided by the front tire diameter=front to rear ratio.

Hey BX1860, check your last thread you started. I just explained it all there.

/ GEAR RATIO?
Jr, thank you I will do that.

LB, I have a set number I cant go over in price and the 2350 is more then Im willing to pay. 232 a month compared to 300.

/ GEAR RATIO? #8  
Jr, thank you I will do that.

LB, I have a set amount I can't go over in price and the 2350 is more than Im willing to pay. 232 a month 1860; compared to 300 2350.

In that case I'd just go with the 1860 and not be concerned with wheel size .
I have a BX23 with the large wheels and a BX1500 with the small wheels.
As for performance I can see little or no difference between the 2 differen size tires.
You are getting into a hassle and an expenese yeilding very little if any gain trying to switch rims and tires.
I just can't see where it would be worth it.

Last edited:
   / GEAR RATIO?
In that case I'd just go with the 1860 and not be concerned with wheel size .
I have a BX23 with the large wheels and a BX1500 with the small wheels.
As for performance I can see little or no difference between the 2 differen size tires.
You are getting into a hassle and an expenese yeilding very little if any gain trying to switch rims and tires.
I just can't see where it would be worth it.

It will be worth it to me. 68 dollars a month more for 48 months or 300 dollars one time to get what I want with out buying a diff tractor. I dont see why you would need 3 tractors for less then 3 acres, but then again I guess we all have our own opinions:rolleyes:

/ GEAR RATIO? #10  
1*It will be worth it to me. 68 dollars a month more for 48 months or 300 dollars one time to get what I want with out buying a diff tractor.
2*I dont see why you would need 3 tractors for less then
1* what I was referring to was the 300 extra not the 68 per month.
2*That's beside the point as all I was trying to do was to give you a perspective between the 2 sizes of wheels from a party that has hands on experience running both sizes of tires.
Made my day finding out my effort in trying to help you and understand your position wasn't appreciated.

L . B .