B3030 broken door glass

/ B3030 broken door glass #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
Don't ask how. It was through my stupidity. Anyway I order the replacement glass and gasket. I didn't damage the hinges, handle, etc.

I cleaned up all of the broken safety glass from the hinges, ground and was contemplating how it would cost to have the thing hauled to the dealer and installed and realized that it actually looks like a pretty simple job.

Anyone had any experience?

/ B3030 broken door glass #2  
I've done a jeep window it wasen't hard I used lots of dish soap to lube the gasket and the rope trick to get gasket back in.
The local glass co does them for the same price as I can by them for so I let them do the last one I had it was just over 200.00
Check a glass company if its flat they will be mostly cheaper than dealer and they do at your house.

here is a link to jeep one it should be silimar
How to replace the windshield on a Jeep CJ

tom

/ B3030 broken door glass #3  
I'm very curious to know what a door glass lists for. When i first got my 3030, i would leave the door open if i were just creeping forward or back a foot or so....... say to back up to an implement (when i was gonna jump right back out to hook it up). Then...... one time i creeped forward and realized the door was caught on something. I was a fraction of an inch from breaking it :eek:. Now i ALWAYS shut and latch the door every time i move the tractor...... even if its only two inches.

/ B3030 broken door glass #4  
P.S. I've never done it (yet), but it looks like a straight forward unbolt (whats left of) the old, and bolt on the new.

/ B3030 broken door glass
I'm very curious to know what a door glass lists for. When i first got my 3030, i would leave the door open if i were just creeping forward or back a foot or so....... say to back up to an implement (when i was gonna jump right back out to hook it up). Then...... one time i creeped forward and realized the door was caught on something. I was a fraction of an inch from breaking it :eek:. Now i ALWAYS shut and latch the door every time i move the tractor...... even if its only two inches.

That is what happened. I had the door open and it hit something when I was just creeping. The safety glass did its job, but what a mess. I won't move with the door open in the future.

I believe the glass was $223 and the gasket is $50+. The gasket was full of shards and the guy said you would spend a half a day cleaning it out. I tried a little and I believe him.

/ B3030 broken door glass #6  
I know it won't ease your pain, but honestly, that doesn't sound that bad. I would have expected at least twice that much....... probably more like three times that much. If you change it yourself, just make sure you have a second set of hands to help lift it into place. It looks heavy!

I agree. I figured a grand, and your right the garbage can that has all of the pieces is heavy:D

I hope to hear from someone here who has actually replaced one.

/ B3030 broken door glass #8  
I always had fear of breaking the cab glass on my 3030 (now ductapes 3030). That fear continues today with my 3540, i even lock the doors when i trailer as im afraid of one popping open in motion. That glass price is not bad, i would have guessed at least 5 hundred?

I replaced the door and it took about an hour. I had to take the handle partially apart which was the biggest hassle and lost the 4 screws that held the cover on the handle mechanism. Tey are tiny screws and I don't know where they disappeared.

/ B3030 broken door glass #10  
Welcome to 2017.

I did the dumb stupid forgetting to close the door on my B3350. Doors are now $650. The little screws are still hard to find if you drop them. Mine was missing one screw, picked up another when I ordered the door. I'm cleaning out the gasket ($84 for a new one) to reuse it (I hope).