BX1850 Plastic hood

/ BX1850 Plastic hood #1  

Creek chub

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the metal hood off of a 2660 or 1860 would fit my 2008 bx 1850. Baseball strike busted my hood!!! I rather have the metal hood anyway. If there is a 2660 owner out there, could you please provide some measurements???

Thanks!

/ BX1850 Plastic hood #2  
Just wondering if anyone knows whether the metal hood off of a 2660 or 1860 would fit my 2008 bx 1850. Baseball strike busted my hood!!! I rather have the metal hood anyway. If there is a 2660 owner out there, could you please provide some measurements???

Thanks!
You could ask a dealer also.

/ BX1850 Plastic hood
I did check with the dealer. They were not sure. Plus they do not have a 2660 or 1860 on their lot. The hood looks the same and appears like it would work. But some measurements would be very helpful!

/ BX1850 Plastic hood #4  
I did check with the dealer. They were not sure. Plus they do not have a 2660 or 1860 on their lot. The hood looks the same and appears like it would work. But some measurements would be very helpful!

I have the metal hood BX2660 and would be willing to take measurements. PM me and we can exchange phone number to talk as we do this.

Personally there is also some benefit to visually looking at both tractors side by side. in addition to mounting measurements there are some possible fit and finish issues. They also made some other modifications to the lower panel and the battery cover panel. Personally I think that the metal hood would fit. I would look to see if there is another dealer in your area that could support you with this.

/ BX1850 Plastic hood #5  
My understanding is with a new hood the stickers are not included and I would also believe that if this is the case the hoods may match up and have the same part numbers. Check with your dealers PARTS department and have them look up both hoods to see if the part numbers are the same. That is where I would start my research.

/ BX1850 Plastic hood #6  
Ok, opening an old thread here. Was there any confirmation about the interchangability of the BX1860 plastic hood and newer BX metal hoods?

/ BX1850 Plastic hood #7  
I believe the first poster said the BX1860 is metal. Mine is.

/ BX1850 Plastic hood #8  
OOOPS, my bad. I have a BX1850, not a BX1860, that has a plastic hood that has a big crack in it, and I'm trying to find out if the BX1860 metal hood has been confirmed to fit, modified slighty or not. Thanks, Herb

/ BX1850 Plastic hood #9  
The plastic hoods are terrible. Light and pretty, but don't take much punishment. I was moving a new large shop compressor into my new shop, zigged when I should have zagged, and the compressor came crashing down onto the hood...:eek:
Cracked it like an egg and split the one piece composite light assembly. Compressor is fine though. Phoned the dealer to get prices for hood and light assemblies. $400 for each part...total $800 plus taxes...:mad:
The parts guy suggested that most people just get a fiberglass repair kit and put the whole thing back together. Ain't pretty, but a lot cheaper then $800+... plus I installed (glassed in) a hood ornament... a skull... to remind me to pay attention to what I'm doing, 'cause these things can BITE.:D
Now when I'm doing jobs around and about the neighbourhood, the skull starts conversations...:thumbsup: