Default BX1850 Plastic hood

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the metal hood off of a 2660 or 1860 would fit my 2008 bx 1850. Baseball strike busted my hood!!! I rather have the metal hood anyway. If there is a 2660 owner out there, could you please provide some measurements???

Thanks!

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Default Re: BX1850 Plastic hood

Quote Originally Posted by Creek chub View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows whether the metal hood off of a 2660 or 1860 would fit my 2008 bx 1850. Baseball strike busted my hood!!! I rather have the metal hood anyway. If there is a 2660 owner out there, could you please provide some measurements???

Thanks!
    You could ask a dealer also.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

I did check with the dealer. They were not sure. Plus they do not have a 2660 or 1860 on their lot. The hood looks the same and appears like it would work. But some measurements would be very helpful!

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660, Kubota RTV400ci

Quote Originally Posted by Creek chub View Post
    I did check with the dealer. They were not sure. Plus they do not have a 2660 or 1860 on their lot. The hood looks the same and appears like it would work. But some measurements would be very helpful!
    I have the metal hood BX2660 and would be willing to take measurements. PM me and we can exchange phone number to talk as we do this.

Personally there is also some benefit to visually looking at both tractors side by side. in addition to mounting measurements there are some possible fit and finish issues. They also made some other modifications to the lower panel and the battery cover panel. Personally I think that the metal hood would fit. I would look to see if there is another dealer in your area that could support you with this.
    Tim,

Kubota BX2660
    Kubota RTV400ci

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

My understanding is with a new hood the stickers are not included and I would also believe that if this is the case the hoods may match up and have the same part numbers. Check with your dealers PARTS department and have them look up both hoods to see if the part numbers are the same. That is where I would start my research.
    Kubota BX25 Tractor w/turf's, loader and backhoe w/12" bucket
    Attachments - 3-pt hitch, 60" MMM, grass catcher and a 60" front blade.

Tractor
    KUBOTA L3010

Ok, opening an old thread here. Was there any confirmation about the interchangability of the BX1860 plastic hood and newer BX metal hoods?
    SEMPER UBI, SUB UBI.

I believe the first poster said the BX1860 is metal. Mine is.

Tractor
    KUBOTA L3010

OOOPS, my bad. I have a BX1850, not a BX1860, that has a plastic hood that has a big crack in it, and I'm trying to find out if the BX1860 metal hood has been confirmed to fit, modified slighty or not. Thanks, Herb
    SEMPER UBI, SUB UBI.

Tractor
    2014 BX2370 as of today

The plastic hoods are terrible. Light and pretty, but don't take much punishment. I was moving a new large shop compressor into my new shop, zigged when I should have zagged, and the compressor came crashing down onto the hood...
    Cracked it like an egg and split the one piece composite light assembly. Compressor is fine though. Phoned the dealer to get prices for hood and light assemblies. $400 for each part...total $800 plus taxes...
    The parts guy suggested that most people just get a fiberglass repair kit and put the whole thing back together. Ain't pretty, but a lot cheaper then $800+... plus I installed (glassed in) a hood ornament... a skull... to remind me to pay attention to what I'm doing, 'cause these things can BITE.
    Now when I'm doing jobs around and about the neighbourhood, the skull starts conversations...