Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bx2230

Default Re: BX SERIES - DUMP COLLECTION LOW & HIGH DUMP

Lets start a think tank and get plans drawn up for a dumping bagger for kubota tractors. I bought a second bagger unit to start experimenting on. I was going to remove the bags and upper frame assembly. Then weld three large steel drums to the bagger. I would like to see a model that had fixed bins, but the bottom drops out to empty the grass. That way you could avoid the expense of rear hydraulics, and just use a 12 volt actuator to operate the bottom flap on the bagger. My Bx2230 has auxillary 12v wires behind the seat for running a sprayer etc. Just mount a switch on the fender and away you go.
    Problem is my wife sold the second bagger on Craigslist. She did get $1000 for it but still! How rude!
    For now I'll just stripe the lawn with my new custom striper.
    Anyway, I,m off to sell my wife's diamond necklace on EBAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Volfandt View Post
    You'd think the largest L&G eqt market in the world would get all the options.
    Looking closer, those European BX's also have a rear view mirror, taller steering wheel and a bent ROPS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BX SERIES - DUMP COLLECTION LOW & HIGH DUMP-kubota-striper-lowered-position-jpg   BX SERIES - DUMP COLLECTION LOW & HIGH DUMP-kubota-striper-bags-installed-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota STV40

Quote Originally Posted by stuarth View Post
    One more link, check the movie out towards the bottom.

kubota Kompakttraktor Serie BX
    Hi all

I'm in the UK and have such a set up but on a larger tractor: Kubota STV40 (40hp). Not sure you guys have that model in the US?
    The collector is a Kubota high tip, holds 750 litres and is a joy to use. A collector full of wet grass can weigh nearly a ton so a full set of front weights is essential. It is also important to ensure you are on level ground when you raise the box to tip.

One thing I noticed about the guy in the movie using the BX with the collector - he is not wearing any ear protection.
    I can tell you that the combination of both mid and rear PTOs running, together with the fan sucking the grass through the tube is incredibly loud.
    I find using foam ear plugs plus wearing ear defenders are essential when working with the collector all day - if you want to keep your hearing intact!

I might have a few photos somewhere, I'll have a look.

Great site btw guys - very friendly and informative

Tractor
    2005 BX2230

Just a note for the rear baggers. JD has a hydraulic dump unit that holds 15? bushels. I had one on my 322. It was great, except when doing leaves, the unit is high in the air, if there is the slightest breeze, make sure you are upwind, you will have leaf dust all over you. With that being said, I bought the 2230 because JD did not have a bagger for the 2210 at the time. Quite possibly the JD units could be modified if they still offer it. Beware though, new they start at $4000.00 and if you want a motor instead of pto, add another $1000.00. I do hate the bags on my kubota catcher, but it is still better than raking.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2670

Just wonder why kubota does NOT offer one of these here in the USA!!!
    Kubota BX2670 w/turf's, 60" MMM and LA243 FEL

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2670

Does anyone know if kubota is offering a US manfactured dump catcher for the BX25's yet, has the dealer shows happened yet this year?
    Kubota BX2670 w/turf's, 60" MMM and LA243 FEL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12