Hydraulic connect - difficult on FEL reconnect

/ Hydraulic connect - difficult on FEL reconnect #1  

psvines

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
BX2660. Easily removed the FEL today, and then could NOT re-connect two of the four hydraulic quick connects. (middle two, red and blue, larger hoses).
I spent at least 30 minutes, couldn't get them connected. White and yellow female connected ok to the blue and red male. Something is not right with the red and blue male connector, but I can't see it. They slide all the way on, but the knurled ring won't completely click over the bearings.
Any ideas?

/ Hydraulic connect - difficult on FEL reconnect #2  
BX2660. Easily removed the FEL today, and then could NOT re-connect two of the four hydraulic quick connects. (middle two, red and blue, larger hoses).
I spent at least 30 minutes, couldn't get them connected. White and yellow female connected ok to the blue and red male. Something is not right with the red and blue male connector, but I can't see it. They slide all the way on, but the knurled ring won't completely click over the bearings.
Any ideas?

Sometimes the pressure on the line is increased from the FEL sitting un-attached causing the poppet valve to be pushed shut tightly. If you can manually relieve the pressure by pushing in on the center of the male connector. A small amount of fluid should release and reduce the pressure.

A search here will show how others have had the same problem.
Second and third post here have some good tips.

/ Hydraulic connect - difficult on FEL reconnect #3  
Mine was pressurized on the hose to the FEL cylinder. (The male fitting) I pushed the ball on the end of the fitting against a flat surface to relieve the pressure. Good Luck!!

/ Hydraulic connect - difficult on FEL reconnect #4  
I ran into a simular problem re-attaching my fel the first time. I have learned to cycle the control lever (engine off) before you disconnect the hydraulic lines. This allows the pressure to equalize out and re-attachment a breeze.

Steve

/ Hydraulic connect - difficult on FEL reconnect
FEL easily connected this morning.

I'm assuming my problem was due to the temperature change while the bucket was sitting outside, in the sun, for a few hours. This was the first time I removed the bucket outside; previously it was left in the garage and I never had any problems reconnecting it.
The two problematic hoses (red/blue connections) are larger than the other two, hence absorbed more sunlight and built up more pressure.

Thanks again TBN for wonderful assistance.