Float Adjustment ?

/ Float Adjustment ? #1  

tandttravis

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B-26
Is there ant way to adjust the float position of the loader? I set it in the float position with the plow on, as soon as I drive foward, it takes the weight off the front wheels and I can't steer. It has always had a lot of down pressure in float, but it's really a pain while trying to plow. I have a B-26 with 200 hours, any suggestions?

/ Float Adjustment ? #2  
Are you sure your hose are hooked up correctly?double check that the float is truly on the down side of things.

/ Float Adjustment ? #3  
Is there ant way to adjust the float position of the loader? I set it in the float position with the plow on, as soon as I drive foward, it takes the weight off the front wheels and I can't steer. It has always had a lot of down pressure in float, but it's really a pain while trying to plow. I have a B-26 with 200 hours, any suggestions?

This is your loader mounted plow correct?

This is the very reason I got rid of mine. I could never get it to float properly and was always having trouble steering. Search some threads about FEL plows-some love'm and some hate'm!

Search terms:

FEL plow
FEL snowplow

/ Float Adjustment ? #4  

There shouldn't be any down pressure in float. That is why it is called 'float'. Try angling the FEL bucket up when you push forward. I suspect you are angling the bucket edge down pushing the front wheels up. That'll do what you are describing.

/ Float Adjustment ? #5  
I've found that if I had the bucket on the ground and lifted FEL control lever to get to float detent I was adding down pressure. Try levelling your bucket in the air and quickly snapping to float position. Bucket should float down without down pressure. Hope that works out for you.