BX 23 BH Removal

/ BX 23 BH Removal #1  

Glenn_M

Tractor
Kubota BX 23, Ford NAA, International B414
Hi:
I have had a BX 23 for a couple of years now -- fantastic piece of equipment and has paid for itself in many ways.

I rarely take the BH off but every time I do I have a lot of trouble keeping from hitting the rear fender with the upper clips. Are there any tricks?

Thanks in advance

/ BX 23 BH Removal #2  
The trick is to pivot the BH backwards just enough to clear the bottom frame bracket. Sounds like you may be lifting it too high when you're pivoting the assembly backwards.
There is plenty of clearance to clear both the bottom frame bracket and the rear fender assembly.
I mount/dismount to a dollie so my procedure is slightly differetn but even with the added height I'm able to just clear both the lower frame and upper fender.
Good luck

/ BX 23 BH Removal #3  
What Volf said.

Tilt it WAY back on the bottom bracket, then lift it off with the outriggers. If you're doing it right, it's not even close to hitting the fenders.

If you are doing it as described in the manual, your taillights probably look like mine :)

/ BX 23 BH Removal #4  
Took mine off and didn't have any problem with it hitting...Hydraulics are there to help you put it into the most correct spot to ease it away.

Don

/ BX 23 BH Removal #5  
Glenn,

I had similar trouble when I first got mine. If I recall, I was following the instructions in the manual. When I followed the instructions on the hoe, it seemed to go much better, or maybe it was just more practice. It seems like one to the others had the same issue. I guess that I will have to go out and compare the instructions to see if they are different.

Good Luck - David

/ BX 23 BH Removal #6  
What Volf said.

Tilt it WAY back on the bottom bracket, then lift it off with the outriggers. If you're doing it right, it's not even close to hitting the fenders.

If you are doing it as described in the manual, your taillights probably look like mine :)

I had the same problem the first time. I tilt it ALL THE WAY back before even putting the outriggers near the ground

/ BX 23 BH Removal
Thanks for the comments. I will play around with it on the weekend. I also found that you have to shut off the engine to connect the hyd. lines.

Sure was a lot of mud and stuff behind the hoe (that was my main reason for removing it):eek:

When using the dolly, it much have to be just the right height for the bottom link to line up?:confused:

/ BX 23 BH Removal #8  
When using the dolly, it much have to be just the right height for the bottom link to line up?:confused:

No, well if the dolly is too high it might cause a problem. Tilt the backhoe all the way away from the tractor while it rests on the bottom pins, then put the stabilizers down to raise it off the pins slightly. Then pull forward a little bit, then you should be able to set it on the dolly using the stabilizers.
Clear as mud? You will it it just takes some time.