checking hydraulic fluid level on L245DT

/ checking hydraulic fluid level on L245DT #1  

fgable

Tractor
Kubota L245DT
My new/old L245DT tractor did not come with an owners manual (one on order). Do I check the hydraulic fluid by just looking down the fill cap? I see no obvious dipstick or sight glass. Thanks, look forward to participating on this board

/ checking hydraulic fluid level on L245DT #2  
There isn't any dipstick or looking glass that I remember. If you just got it, it might not be a bad idea just to change it. Any dealer can tell you what the capacity should be. You can't tell from just looking into the filler cap because even when it is full it doesn't come up to eye level.

/ checking hydraulic fluid level on L245DT #3  
The L245DT has a bolt on the left side of the transmission (near your left foot while sitting on it) that is used to decide it is full. The instructions say you should fill until it comes out this hole a little bit. Just like filling a differential on a rear wheel drive car. Be careful loosening this bolt I had trouble getting mine out and ended up rounding the head so much that I had to weld a nut on it. Good luck

/ checking hydraulic fluid level on L245DT #4  
Tom Aiken - Off the subject but your name sounds real familiar to me. Do you hail from up here in N.E. Pa?

/ checking hydraulic fluid level on L245DT
Thanks, found it, opened it and out came fluid. I think the seller intentionally over filled it.