Oil & Fuel changing fuel filters

/ changing fuel filters #1  

89cummins174

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
i changed my 2 fuel filters on my bx last week. it seems to idle a little higher now. Since it is idleing higher is there air in the lines now?

/ changing fuel filters #2  
If it had air in the lines it wouldn't run, filters may have been dirty enough to restrict fuel flow at idle speed.

/ changing fuel filters
i was still able to blow a good amount of air threw it and the rpm's raised about 75 to 100 so now it adles at 1380 - 1430 from like 1270

/ changing fuel filters #5  
When you say 1380-1430; is this just a rough estimate of a stable speed, or is it hunting up and down between these 2 speeds? If the speed is going up and down, you may have a few bubbles of air trapped somewhere. Your tractor should be self bleeding, but only if the tank is full/very close to full, so make sure tank is full enough to submerge the hose going straight up from the top center of the filter housing. If none of the above applies to your situation, just disregard....................

/ changing fuel filters
I cant hear the engine change RPM while idleing but that is what the tach is doing, fluxuating.

/ changing fuel filters #7  
If it had air in the lines it wouldn't run, filters may have been dirty enough to restrict fuel flow at idle speed.

It's a thought but if resticting fuel that much at idle then it wouldn't run under load.

If there is a bleeder screw on it (refer to the manual), then open this screw while it's running. My guess is all is well. If it's running strong under load at high idle, there is nothing wrong.

good Luck,
Rob

/ changing fuel filters
yeah its running like it always does, STRONG, at high rpm. moved my compose pile today and nothing performence wise has changed.

/ changing fuel filters #10  
Don't worry about the slight flutter you see on the tach, my BX does the same thing. It will show a change in RPM on the digital tach, but I don't think the engine RPM's are actually changing. Thats one thing I hate about my BX, the digital tach.