Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default changing fuel filters

i changed my 2 fuel filters on my bx last week. it seems to idle a little higher now. Since it is idleing higher is there air in the lines now?
    BX24 2007/60'' land pride blade/ramspliter log spliter- gravely 2wheel lawnmower snowblower 1982- dodge W250 CUMMINS POWERED 1989(white truck special)

Tractor
    Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac

Default Re: changing fuel filters

If it had air in the lines it wouldn't run, filters may have been dirty enough to restrict fuel flow at idle speed.
    I can't control my day but I can control my attitude.

Pendleton and Meacham, OR the coldest place in Oregon
    Tractor
    08 Grand L3540 HST

Air would have purged after a short time running, how dirty was the old filter? how fast is it idling?
    08 Grand L3540 HST, R-1's, LA724 w/quick attach, Home made ballast barrel. 6' box blade, 6' landscape rake, Markham tooth bar Oh, and 74 inch Farm King snowblower

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

i was still able to blow a good amount of air threw it and the rpm's raised about 75 to 100 so now it adles at 1380 - 1430 from like 1270
    BX24 2007/60'' land pride blade/ramspliter log spliter- gravely 2wheel lawnmower snowblower 1982- dodge W250 CUMMINS POWERED 1989(white truck special)

Silver Member
    Tractor
    '97 NH Boomer 1925 HST 4WD, // Kubota B3030 HSTC

When you say 1380-1430; is this just a rough estimate of a stable speed, or is it hunting up and down between these 2 speeds? If the speed is going up and down, you may have a few bubbles of air trapped somewhere. Your tractor should be self bleeding, but only if the tank is full/very close to full, so make sure tank is full enough to submerge the hose going straight up from the top center of the filter housing. If none of the above applies to your situation, just disregard....................
    '97 NH Boomer 1925 HST 4WD / 4' Bush Hog Squealer / RDTH 60 finishing mower / old unknown make rear blade & unknown disc /40+ year old 6' IH labeled ex highway dept rotary cutter / misc other.

new: Kubota B3030 HSDC

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I cant hear the engine change RPM while idleing but that is what the tach is doing, fluxuating.

Tractor
    Kubota L2500

Quote Originally Posted by ToadHill View Post
    If it had air in the lines it wouldn't run, filters may have been dirty enough to restrict fuel flow at idle speed.
    It's a thought but if resticting fuel that much at idle then it wouldn't run under load.

If there is a bleeder screw on it (refer to the manual), then open this screw while it's running. My guess is all is well. If it's running strong under load at high idle, there is nothing wrong.

good Luck,
    Rob
    L2500

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

yeah its running like it always does, STRONG, at high rpm. moved my compose pile today and nothing performence wise has changed.

Tractor
    Kubota L2500

Quote Originally Posted by 89cummins174 View Post
    yeah its running like it always does, STRONG, at high rpm. moved my compose pile today and nothing performence wise has changed.
    case closed!!
    L2500

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

Don't worry about the slight flutter you see on the tach, my BX does the same thing. It will show a change in RPM on the digital tach, but I don't think the engine RPM's are actually changing. Thats one thing I hate about my BX, the digital tach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast