Kubota D1105 Engine

/ Kubota D1105 Engine #1  

gp1200x

Bronze Member
Need help..from knowledgeable Kubota engine rebuilders

I have an Airman AX15-2U excavator with a Kubota D1105 engine.

I need an engine gasket kit to put it back together after pulling the head - wanted to make sure everything looked good even thought cranking pressure reached 620lbs in each cylinder - it started smoking during a brief oil change..after running hot. I thought I had a ring problem or oil seal problem and found out that there was nothing wrong...just too much oil in the engine for a very brief period along with a messed up radiator setup by the original owner.

Here is my problem....I want an engine gasket kit to replace some leaking gaskets while I have it out....along with a new head gasket and oil seals. The dealers I went to do not want to sell me anything since it is not for a specific tractor.

I found out that this D1105 is a rebuilt engine..and probably only has a few hours of time on it...must have been replaced just before they sold me the mini-excavator since I found a sticker Date of 2007 on it.

It has a 3 step oil pan (probably only takes just over 3 quarts compared to most D1105 rebuilts - 5+ quarts). It may be very similar to the engine out of a B2630 tractor (it also only takes about 3.2 quarts).

Can I just order a full gasket set for B2630 and assume those gaskets (oil and head) will work on this engine. I included everything I could find on the engine below.

If you know where I can order a engine gasket set from please let me know. So far no one will sell me one...even online.

D1105 Block Serial Numer 5U3393

Other engine block markings
5X2 54 1.123L

Valve cover markings
D1105-EU2
D1105D 5X2
3KBXL01.5BCD

D1105-ES

5KXBL01.5BCD
ECSLEM
19.7KWatts

THANKS! Hopefully I can get this back together soon.

/ Kubota D1105 Engine #2  
There is a company called CK Power in I think St. Louis, MO. Not sure on the St. Louis part its been awhile since I dealt with them, but they deal with kubota industrial engines. With the numbers you have you should not have any problems getting the parts from a industrial dealer. I would not bet on the tractor engine gasket sets being the same.

/ Kubota D1105 Engine #3  
They have a website ckpower.com and they are in St. Louis. Check them out they should be able to help you out.