B21 work light wiring

/ B21 work light wiring #1  

BruceWard

Platinum Member
Does anyone know where the work light wiring should run?

My B21 does not have have work lights. So I bought some to install. The work light slot in the fuse box had a blown 15A fuse. I installed a new 15A fuse and it blew as I pushed it in. There must be a short somewhere.

There are no wires where the work lights would be mounted on the ROPS.

I found a red and black wire that had been cut at the rear near the brake and flasher light on each side. Could these be the work light wires?

How are the work lights switched. Do they come on when the bright switch is switched on or should there be another switch somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

/ B21 work light wiring #2  
I installed wal-mart tractor lights on the rops on my B21 several years ago and have not had any problems. There is a lead for the lights that should be on the right side rear axle with a plug. the lead is hot all the time so I installed a toggle switch for the rear and the front lights. When you solve the short problem, you'll probably be able to use that lead.

/ B21 work light wiring
Thanks Rick, I will find that plug and fix the short.

/ B21 work light wiring
There are similar leads near both rear axles. They are always powered (not switched).

The parts list shows front work lights connecting to the wiring on the right side and rear work lights connecting to the wiring on the left.

I will post some pics when I wire up the lights.