BX Control Valve Question

/ BX Control Valve Question #1  

ewoz

Tractor
BX2230
I have a BX2230 with a BX2750B snowblower. I am trying to use a hydraulic motor to rotate the chute. I mounted up the motor and connected to the control valve so that when the control valve is pushed to the right or the left the chute rotates clockwise or counter-clockwise. The problem I am having is when the control valve is moved to the right. The control valve that I have has two positions in the right direction. In the first position it appears that the valve puts hydraulic pressure on one line going to the motor but does not connect the second line going to the motor to the return port. When the control valve is pushed all the way to the right the return line does connect to the return port. My hydraulic motor does not like that first position of the control valve. Is there a way to modify the control valve so that when the control valve is set to the first position to the right that the return line from the motor will be connected to the return port?

Thanks.

Ed

/ BX Control Valve Question #2  
Sorry Ed but it doesn't work that way.

/ BX Control Valve Question #3  
Read THIS thread...what's happening is explained:D

/ BX Control Valve Question
Thanks Kennyd. I read through the threads and I now think I have a picture of what is going on. The control valve has those two cylinder things on the bottom of it. One of them is activated when the control lever is moved up and down and the second one is activated when the control lever is moved from the left to the right. Do you think it is possible to substitute the left-right cylinder with an up-down cylinder from another control valve to get the up-down operation that the control valve gives when the control valve is moved left and right?

Ed

/ BX Control Valve Question #5  
Thanks Kennyd. I read through the threads and I now think I have a picture of what is going on. The control valve has those two cylinder things on the bottom of it. One of them is activated when the control lever is moved up and down and the second one is activated when the control lever is moved from the left to the right. Do you think it is possible to substitute the left-right cylinder with an up-down cylinder from another control valve to get the up-down operation that the control valve gives when the control valve is moved left and right?

Ed

No, you will NOT be able to "fix" this short of installing a new control valve that would cost $200 plus any fittings/adapters that would be required.

This is just something goofy Kubota does on their valves (actually made by Husco but spec'ed out by Kubota) putting the regen or 'fast dump' at the beginning of the throw-all other manufacturer's put it and the end of the throw.

/ BX Control Valve Question #6  
Does anyone know if the hydraulic control (loader) valve in my new B2320 is has the Regen portion in the valve? I am getting a kubota hydraulic angle blade and would like to know if I am going to run into problems angling it one direction? Tractor is at the dealer right now so I can't go out and check. Would like to get it figured out while tractor is still at dealer in case something is needed to make the blade work.

Thanks

/ BX Control Valve Question #7  
Does anyone know if the hydraulic control (loader) valve in my new B2320 is has the Regen portion in the valve? I am getting a kubota hydraulic angle blade and would like to know if I am going to run into problems angling it one direction? Tractor is at the dealer right now so I can't go out and check. Would like to get it figured out while tractor is still at dealer in case something is needed to make the blade work.

Thanks

Farmall45b, I can't tell you other than when I read these various threads on people having unexpected issues with the left/right motion of their front blades (or in this case chute rotation), I called my dealer to find out what valve is on my BX1850 since I might get the front blade some day. They told me they bring in all their BX's with the 4-way valve, not the 3-way, so I should be good to go. Moral of the story is, it may depend on how your dealer ordered your B2320 unless you spec'd the 4-way valve.

/ BX Control Valve Question #8  
How do I determine what vavle my tractor has? My dealer did not even say anything about options on the valve for my tractor. I hope everything works right when I get my blade.

/ BX Control Valve Question #9  
   / BX Control Valve Question #10  
How do I determine what vavle my tractor has? My dealer did not even say anything about options on the valve for my tractor. I hope everything works right when I get my blade.

I think the problem is most dealer's (at least the salesman) don't know anything about it!

I am pretty sure all the Kub's come with the 4-way valves now, I think they caught a lot of grief from customers who had the 3-way's(unknowingly) and then decided to add a blade later and it either did not work, or the dealer told them they had to also but a new valve to replace the one they already paid for with the FEL. There where lot's of threads about this years ago when the BX's first started coming out.

Now, the real question is wether the regen is at the begining of the joystick travel like the B3030's is, or at the end of the travel where all the other manufactures put it.

For some reason...the dealer's on TBN (2 that I could mention) are strangely silent on these threads about the regen problems:confused: