B2920

/ B2920 #1  

johan3400

Gold Member
Western Illinois,just this side of heaven
Tractor
Kubota L3400 FEL
I have searched the reviews and did not see one for a B2920. I signed the papers for one today. Is this a good light weight tractor for a small produce farm. I have a two row cultivator, 7 foot tandem disc, 5 foot KK tiller, 5 foot KK RFM,2-14 Dearborn plow, middle buster, and 60 gallon sprayer. I use all these on my L3400, will the B2920 handle this equipment? I kept my L3400 so will have it to use also. What are the capabilities of the B2920?

/ B2920 #2  
Hey Johan,

Just look for the stuff on here about the 2620 and add 3 HP... You should be happy..

Tom

/ B2920 #3  
Johan, you may find the B2920 too small for some of those implements. The Owner's Manual Implement Limitations table for my 43HP L4300 shows A 2 bottom 14" plow as maximum. Max disc harrow width for the same tractor is shown as 78". Max. rotary tiller width is 60".

The B2920 would be closer to my 24HP B7610 which will handle a 1 bottom 14" plow, a 60" disc harrow, and a 50" rotary tiller...again what's listed in the tractor's table of Implement Limitations.

My experience has been that the Implement Limitations table is worth paying attention to. You can exceed it, but you may end up working the tractor pretty hard, sacrificing handling or braking, or imposing undue stress.

If you have the manual for your L3400, check what Kubota recommends for it. I'd suspect that the L3400's capabilities would be greater than the B2920's in every area yet still might not be recommended for these implements. Maybe you should be looking at something in the 40HP class...like an L4400.
Bob

/ B2920
Bob,
Thank you for your thoughts. I will use the 3400 for most of the more power oriented tasks. I looked at the B2920 to eliminate weight issues planting with my lightweight vegetable planters and a one row specialty cultivator, I just am curious about the capabilities and will not be able to run it through some work until spring. Thanks both of you for commenting.

/ B2920 #5  
Jim,

I would sure like to hear your review in the spring.. Hope you are happy with your purchase.. That is a lot of bucks if you are not.

Keep me posted. I bought the 2620 trading in a BX2200 for my needs and the wife asked me if I made a mistake since we also mow with it. May have, but I still like it.. You have 3 HP on me. I do not miss the 3 HP so far with what I do... I may down the road. I certainly hope these new tractors are bullitt proof.....
Tom