Will this quick hitch fit an L4400?

/ Will this quick hitch fit an L4400? #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
   / Will this quick hitch fit an L4400? #2  
It looks like they will..this brand seems to float with the ball swivel, not clamp firmly to the arm like Pat's. I have Pat's on my L4400, and love them! They have 4 set screws that clamp them to the arm, making them rigid, not swiveling. The only problem you may incur is the top link length. If you have a top hydraulic cylinder, it might be too short. Good luck!

/ Will this quick hitch fit an L4400? #3  
I have these on my L3240HST now. I had a B7800 and bought Pat's for it. When I traded the B for the L I kept the Pat's and have them in the garage. Pat's are fine and higher priced, they are also from my home state. Since I have them both already I'm not trying to justify my purchase. Have used the Pat's and they held up fine. Have not used these yet but they slip on so quick that I do have them on my L ready for use. They are a cast metal and Pat's are plate steel. My brother in law the machinist says plate steel stronger than cast for what it's worth.

/ Will this quick hitch fit an L4400? #4  
Yes they will fit. That said I have seen these at TSC and The Pats/Greenwell setup, and after inspecting I think I will go with the Pats. I like the idea of it being made in the USA versus China and Pats is steel rather than cast. Thats just my opinion though.

/ Will this quick hitch fit an L4400?
Thanks for your replies. I would expect the Pat's to be better since they cost $194.95 and these are only $79, but since Pat's web site says theirs won't fit my tractor, I guess I will go ahead and get these.

/ Will this quick hitch fit an L4400? #6  
Boy open mouth insert foot, I didnt see any thing about needing 4 inches of straight bar my tractor is a L4400 also. I better look again befor I buy. By the way TSC has both types in most of their stores.

Last edited:
   / Will this quick hitch fit an L4400? #7  
I bought a pair of those for my L2800 on Ebay and used them for a while. Mine didn't have the raised portion that they have now, but I think I paid $39 plus shipping for them. They actually are built reasonably well and do the job. They're Chinese castings and are imported here to someone who buys a container load and sells them on Ebay. I bought them mostly to see if such an item is worthwhile and determined it is. I later replaced them with a set called EZ-Hitch from CARTERANDSONSLLC.COM, a company in Kentucky. I like the EZ-Hitch because I don't have to change any top link or shaft lenghts. I also like the folks at Carter and Sons and enjoyed doing business with them.

/ Will this quick hitch fit an L4400? #8  
This past Saturday helped remove a set of quick hooks very much like these. Had given them to my brother they worked good but not with the one implement he needed them for, a large off set rough cut mower. It is a heavy beast and 95% of the weight is on the right arm only and the extra length over loaded the lift arm. They also threw off the PTO shaft and the 3 arm. Sure were much easier to use but just did not work with so much weight.

/ Will this quick hitch fit an L4400? #9  
I bought a pair of those for my L2800 on Ebay and used them for a while. Mine didn't have the raised portion that they have now, but I think I paid $39 plus shipping for them. They actually are built reasonably well and do the job. They're Chinese castings and are imported here to someone who buys a container load and sells them on Ebay. I bought them mostly to see if such an item is worthwhile and determined it is. I later replaced them with a set called EZ-Hitch from CARTERANDSONSLLC.COM, a company in Kentucky. I like the EZ-Hitch because I don't have to change any top link or shaft lenghts. I also like the folks at Carter and Sons and enjoyed doing business with them.

To me they are a little pricey as you don't have self lock latches. Wonder if they were able to get a patten on them?

/ Will this quick hitch fit an L4400?
I paid for the quick hitch Monday and it was delivered Tuesday. That was fast! I put it on in about 30 seconds and tested it out. It is not as quick as some of the quick hitches that cost 2 or 3 times as much but I can now hook up my boxblade, unhook it, hook up my bush hog, unhook it, and hook up my disc in less time than it took me to hook up my disc before and with much less profanity also. I like having less clutter on the rear of my tractor also. Those of you who have the more expensive faster quick hitches would not like to downsize to these though. :)