Who previously owned my used tractor?

/ Who previously owned my used tractor? #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
There's always that nagging question in the back of my mind as to the true history of my newly purchased used vehicle. Was this one of those that was under 15' of sea water? Was the previous owner an abuser? Can you believe the seller when they tell you it was previously owned by a blind grandmother school teacher that only ran it once a week to drive to the mailbox and her grandson changed the oil every 2 months? Is it possible that a 3 year old motorized vehicle can truly only have 800 miles or 100 hours? Well, guess what! We have one of those purchasers on this board and the previous owner. I rec'd a private message concerning who I buy my Kubotas from. Found out that my previously owned BX1500 with 100 hours has moved from Kentucky to West Virginia. From one Christian home to another Christian home. The new owner now knows the entire true history of his purchase from original dealer to him. He knows how his purchase was truly not a left out in the field tractor and was serviced and cared for and had never had any problems. Knows why it only has 100 hours on it. Bet he slept better last night!!!

/ Who previously owned my used tractor? #2  
Some time you can get areal deal. I had an uncle that traded in his car every 3 years at the same dealership. It never had more than 6000 miles on it and it was washed every week and detailed every year. They had people waiting in line for that car.

/ Who previously owned my used tractor? #3  
When I was looking for a snow blower I found a dealer who seemed to get all his snow blowers from the guy who lived across from the church. What ever this dealer had in the yard was one year old and was only used to clean the church sidewalk twice. Judging by the looks of the blower I saw, it must be one long sidewalk with it's fair share of rocks.:rolleyes:
I trust my eyes more than my my ears when I am inspecting equipment.

/ Who previously owned my used tractor? #4  
There's always that nagging question in the back of my mind as to the true history of my newly purchased used vehicle. Was this one of those that was under 15' of sea water? Was the previous owner an abuser? Can you believe the seller when they tell you it was previously owned by a blind grandmother school teacher that only ran it once a week to drive to the mailbox and her grandson changed the oil every 2 months? Is it possible that a 3 year old motorized vehicle can truly only have 800 miles or 100 hours? Well, guess what! We have one of those purchasers on this board and the previous owner. I rec'd a private message concerning who I buy my Kubotas from. Found out that my previously owned BX1500 with 100 hours has moved from Kentucky to West Virginia. From one Christian home to another Christian home. The new owner now knows the entire true history of his purchase from original dealer to him. He knows how his purchase was truly not a left out in the field tractor and was serviced and cared for and had never had any problems. Knows why it only has 100 hours on it. Bet he slept better last night!!!
I love buying used cars and pickups that I know the life and history of.
I have a
1950 Chevy
1969 Rambler American
and a 1992 Toyota Pick up
Like that.
I have a 1989 Nissan Pick Up I bought new so I know all about it too.
I just sold a 1989 Dodge D 50 that i had bought new so i knew everythng about it also.
The only vehicle I have that I don't know the life history of is the 1986 Ddge D-50.

/ Who previously owned my used tractor? #5  
Well I am the owner that that purchased Johns used Cream Puff well kept and cared for Bx1500 :D. I did feel better knowing about the history of the little machine. I purchased the tractor from a picture and on the word of Brady Barlow of Barlow Equip in Somerset KY. I was not disappointed. Brady and his dad Steve are great to deal with even if they are 250 miles from where i live. I dealt with him over the web and by phone. John the "baby bota" (my daughter calls it that) is in good hands. The previous tractor I had was a 45 year old IH 424 with 2000 original hours. I had a L4400 and the BX 1500 delivered the same day. I took a day off of work and paced the floor all day waiting for their arrival. I would highly reccomend anybody who is thinking of buying a new tractor to give Barlows a call @ 859-225-0405

/ Who previously owned my used tractor? #6  
dex3361, hope you enjoy your tractors and really writing to tell you like the verse in Joshua. Some thing we each decide every day.

/ Who previously owned my used tractor? #7  
I thought I would attach some photos of the delivery day. A pictures is worth a thousand words. Thanks John for the information.

64361HPIM1486_Custom_-thumb.JPG

64361HPIM1489_Custom_-thumb.JPG

64361HPIM1488_Custom_-thumb.JPG

Last edited:
   / Who previously owned my used tractor? #8  
Times have changed.....................seems like you can come across just about anything these days. Machines up for sale with rediculously low hours on them in brand new condition. Here are a couple of examples: 2004 Cat 308CCR excavator 38 hours
2004 Cat D3G XL dozer 150 hours
2006 JD 3520 cab 7 hours.
It just seems people just don't know what they want anymore. Some of them are so clean it makes you wonder???

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Who previously owned my used tractor?
DEX3361 here is the former home of your BX1500 and it's replacement.

Attachments

• P1040820.jpg
    P1040820.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 254
   / Who previously owned my used tractor? #10  
When I was looking for a snow blower I found a dealer who seemed to get all his snow blowers from the guy who lived across from the church. What ever this dealer had in the yard was one year old and was only used to clean the church sidewalk twice. Judging by the looks of the blower I saw, it must be one long sidewalk with it's fair share of rocks.:rolleyes:
I trust my eyes more than my my ears when I am inspecting equipment.

A good line I've heard a few times from used car dealers is... "This is a great car. I like it so much I was nearly going to keep it for my son/daughter/wife"