BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Does any one know where i can get the 40 amp upgraded alt for the bx-23? Itried a few dealers online to no avail.One told me to go to my local alternator shop?:confused:AKubota part number would be very helpful.My current alt.isnt going to cut it,with all the stuff ive got in and out of my cab.
ALAN

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR #2  
I am interested in that info also. Hopefully it's a simple and relatively inexpensive upgrade.

Ken

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR
I am interested in that info also. Hopefully it's a simple and relatively inexpensive upgrade.

Ken

KEN,
Iwas going to just hook up a car alternator or something,but there aint much room and i think it would be a pain in the ....to do.Mabey the bx-24 alt would fit???
ALAN

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR #5  
   / BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR #6  
:cool:Your dealer can't get the 40 Amp upgrade Alt?!? Maybe they should called a proctologist to see of they can find their heads! :DTry Messicks. They know what their doing. Or here: The part for my BX was 15531-64017 and is available for $202 at Tractor Smart

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR #7  
The least expensive would be to get a rebuilt Hitachi 14231 Alternator from NAPA, Advance Auto, Auto Zone or O'rilies. See if it will mount and fit. It should. If it does not they should have no problem with you returning it.
That little alternator is used in a lot of applications. I believe it was originally used in the 80's Nissan pickups. Has been used in a lot of Japan motors since. And many conversions.
It is an internally regulated 40 amp very affordable, very reliable, should be LESS than $50.00.
You can wire it as a single wire alternator if you want. So hook up is very simple. KennyV.

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR
:cool:Your dealer can't get the 40 Amp upgrade Alt?!? Maybe they should called a proctologist to see of they can find their heads! :DTry Messicks. They know what their doing. Or here: The part for my BX was 15531-64017 and is available for $202 at Tractor Smart
STEVE,
Idid try the two you stated,oneof which told me to go local.Iwonder if the alt on your tractor is the same as mine?Im writing that number down just in case.Thanks
KENNY
ITHINK ILL STOP BY NAPA TODAY AND FIND OUT.Ill measure my shaft size and get a little better idea of what it looks like before i go.Thanks
ALAN

/ BX-23 UPGRADE ALTERNATOR #10  

Thanks for the info. That will go into the manual for down the road a bit.

After I submitted the above line I looked up the alternator on the site and that number came up, Then I looked up dynamo and nothing came up. I'm wondering if that part isn't the original and not an upgrade?

Last edited: