B2320 Work Lights

/ B2320 Work Lights #1  

Farmall45b

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 Kubota B2650 HSD Cab
I am wondering if anyone has an electrical wiring diagram for a B2320 or could enlighten me some on the rear work lamp circuit. I am thinking of installing a strobe beacon and some work lights on my ROPS. From what I can tell, the circuits supplying the rear work lamp is a 20 amp circuit. What I am thinking of doing is taking the power feed from the rear work lamp circuit and running it through a couple of switches that I will mount in the blank panel on the right hand side of the tractor behind the TPH and 4WD levers. My thinking is that if I mount the switches in the block of plate, I can easily replace the plate and return the tractor to original condition. If I add rear remotes in the future, the tractor won't be brand new and I won't be so concerned about drilling holes elsewhere in the tractor to mount switches. From the switches I can easily run wires in a loom up the side of the ROPS and to the lights. Very simple and clean looking with minimal modification to the tractor. I figure that I will still be under the 20 amps ( or 240 Watts) that the rear work light circuit is rated at with 2 55 watt lights to the front, a rear work light and a strobe beacon. What does everyone think? I am mostly concerned that the circuit is indeed a 20 amp circuit and that I am not overlooking a better location to mount auxiliary switches.

/ B2320 Work Lights #2  
I bought a small project box and a couple of switches at Radioshack and mounted it to the right rear ROPS bar on my B21. I used illuminated push button switches and attached it to the ROPS bar with some automotive double sided sticky tape. The wires are wire tied to the same ROPS bar and the lights are from Walmart. So far it works well.

/ B2320 Work Lights #3  
I also added light front and rear on my b-7500 a few years ago. Really didn't like the lamps I had purchased and the other day I was at Walmart and they have a Utility & Tractor Light that is enclosed in a 3" x 5" housing and is a 55-watt, H3 halogen

they are made by peterson Manufacturing Peterson Manufacturing Company

Best part was they were like $11.00 each and work fine.

/ B2320 Work Lights
Well I have been busy getting my bracket for ROPS lights fabricated. This is probably a little bit after the fact to be asking this, but does it matter if I am mounting the lights upside down on the ROPS? Mocking them up, the beam pattern appears the same both right side up and upside down. I have seen a lot of TBN member photos with ROPS lights mounted upside down as well are right side up. Does anyone have any expeariance with the functionality of this?

I am going to take the light bar in the picture and use 3 inch square u bolts to secure it to the bottom side of the ROPS. This way everything will stay inside of the ROPS with no risk of damage. The position on the tractor will be upside down of what is pictures in the photo.

Attachments

• ROPS Light.JPG
    ROPS Light.JPG
    614.7 KB · Views: 972
   / B2320 Work Lights #5  
This is probably a little bit after the fact to be asking this said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Worklight or flood it does not matter, as long as not mounted sideways; if trapezoidal, it does make a difference. If the lamps are sealed beams just re-index sealed beam in the housing, if lamp uses separate bulb, most lamps allow the lens/lens reflector assy to be flipped over, if the lamp has non fluted glass with free form reflector, the reflector assy must be flipped since the lens plays no part in the light distribution pattern.

/ B2320 Work Lights
Here is my ROPS light project finished. I ended up using the 20 amp rear work light circuit to power these lights. I mounted switches in the blank panel on the right hand side of the operator's platform. The switches are rocker switches with LEDs from Wal Mart. I mounted everything so that it would all be inside the ROPs so I don't know it off the tractor when I forget about them. I found out a good way to drill plastic is to drill a small hole first and then enlarge it with a step bit on a cordless drill very slowly.

Attachments

• Bit.jpg
    Bit.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 527
  • Rops down.jpg
    Rops down.jpg
    776.8 KB · Views: 2,034
  • ROPS UP.jpg
    ROPS UP.jpg
    968 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Switch Panel.jpg
    Switch Panel.jpg
    829.4 KB · Views: 468
   / B2320 Work Lights #7  
Well I have been busy getting my bracket for ROPS lights fabricated. This is probably a little bit after the fact to be asking this, but does it matter if I am mounting the lights upside down on the ROPS? Mocking them up, the beam pattern appears the same both right side up and upside down. I have seen a lot of TBN member photos with ROPS lights mounted upside down as well are right side up. Does anyone have any expeariance with the functionality of this?

I am going to take the light bar in the picture and use 3 inch square u bolts to secure it to the bottom side of the ROPS. This way everything will stay inside of the ROPS with no risk of damage. The position on the tractor will be upside down of what is pictures in the photo.
Around here the blue lite is illegal and could get you a ticket if caught out on the road with it on.

/ B2320 Work Lights #8  
Yeah, I think blue is for public safety/emergency vehicles only. The Kubota dealer near me has several varieties of amber lights for this purpose. Maybe you could just swap out the glass?

/ B2320 Work Lights #9  
Here Blue means arresting power, Red emergency, and Yellow caution.

Steve

/ B2320 Work Lights #10  
You Should go ahead and get new switches. I had the same ones and the first bit of moisture makes them inoperable. You need to get some which are waterproof.