BX25: no FEL response

/ BX25: no FEL response #1  

denap

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Hi,

I'm the proud owner of a new BX25 (5hrs) and this is likely pilot error somehow...

I was moving some loam, everything going well. I put the bucket down (empty) with the tractor running and 2-3 minutes later the FEL wouldn't move. I eventually moved every hydro lever on the machine to make sure everything else was working (it was) and when I tried the FEL again it was fine.

So, this was about 5 minutes of no response to controls for the FEL. Anyone ever see this...?

thanks
-Tom

/ BX25: no FEL response #2  
What was your engine speed? It won't move at idle. You need maybe around 1800 rpms to get the FEL to move.

/ BX25: no FEL response #3  
If the 3ph lever is in the full up position, I think this is exactly what happens. Always verify it is in mid-position when the hydraulic system seems funky.

/ BX25: no FEL response #4  
If the 3ph lever is in the full up position, I think this is exactly what happens. Always verify it is in mid-position when the hydraulic system seems funky.
I got fooled by this one.
Had this tractor leveling out slag in the driveway .
Lifted the tiller and the blade .
Drove tractor down to bottom of drive way.
Lowered the blade and started to back drag the slag .
Got bogged down in 6 or 8'' of slag.
Couldn't go forward or reverse .
Tried to raise the blade but it wouldn't move so I was stuck due to to much slag in front of and behind the blade.
Let the tractor set there over night.
Went down the next morning and put the blade in float with the joy stick still to much slag in front of the blade but I was able to go backward and got the tractor back up into the garage.
Really rutted up the slag doing that.
Still coulden't get the blade to lift with the joy stick.
Finally discovered 3ph lever was in the full up position.
It had not returned to center the day before when i raised the tiller.:eek:
Put the lever in the mid-position tried the blade again and it lifted rite up.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/lb59/100_2316.jpg

/ BX25: no FEL response #5  
3 pt lever in full up will have hydraulic priority and will use (and bypass) all fluid in full up position leaving ZERO for the FEL.

By the way, I don't think you are the first one to find this out experimentally, nor will you be the last!

jb

/ BX25: no FEL response
Wow... looks like I'll need the HUD option with a wireless connection to TBN so I can figure this stuff out (or ask the question) while still ON the machine. It's the only way it'd be any faster!

I must have inadvertently moved the 3pt out of full up when trying to diagnose the problem, which 'fixed' it.

thanks
-Tom

/ BX25: no FEL response #7  
Raising my hand, me too.

Don

/ BX25: no FEL response #8  
Wow... looks like I'll need the HUD option with a wireless connection to TBN so I can figure this stuff out (or ask the question) while still ON the machine. It's the only way it'd be any faster!

I must have inadvertently moved the 3pt out of full up when trying to diagnose the problem, which 'fixed' it.

thanks
-Tom
I did the same thing with the pto lever on the BX23.
Glad it fixed it.