Kubota hydraulic couplers

/ Kubota hydraulic couplers #1  

JoeG

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX23S
I recently picked up a used 3ph log splitter to attach to the back of my BX23 for the occasional splitting I do. To simplify the hookup I thought I would buy the OEM male and female couplers from the backhoe to ensure a great fit to the tractor. They priced at about 35 and 25 bucks for the female and male, yikes! I'm wasn't sure what to expect in terms of pricing but I am a bit surprised how costly they are.

Does anyone know the specific sizes of the BX BH couplers and/or a good place to get aftermarket hydraulic parts?

One more question, which of the BX lines is the high pressure and which is the return?

Thanks,

Joe

/ Kubota hydraulic couplers #2  
Surplus Center, catalog #281, page 73, item #9-1626 complete coupler $13.49 . 1-800-488-3407 Don't know which line is in and out.

/ Kubota hydraulic couplers #3  
No experience with BX models - but Kubotas generally have Parker 60 Series (ISO 7241-B) in several sizes - 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4 npt Here's a link to the 1/4" Surplus Center item above They're a couple bucks cheaper at Discount Hydraulic Hose. Usually the backhoe is fed from a hose on the loader valve - the return is teed into the tubing back to the reservoir. Does your machine already have the rear connectors?

Last edited:
   / Kubota hydraulic couplers
Yes, the BX23 is plumbed to the rear with a series circuit for the backhoe.

My question about high and low sides is really a general one about hydraulics; is there a known protocol for which fitting end goes on the high side of the supply, male or female?

Thanks for all the good feedback.

/ Kubota hydraulic couplers #5  
assuming that my bx24 is plumbed the same as your 23. the backhoe, when connected, is the first thing in the curcuit. looking at the back of the tractor there is a short hose that comes out at the top left. this is the pressure right out of the hyd pump. when your backhoe comes off this hose is jumped over to a fitting about 8 inches to the right. it kinda loops around the top link. the fitting on the right it connects to runs up to the loader. on the left side there is a 3rd fitting just to the left of the pressure hose, this one is your return to tank. they are all 1/4" lines and fittings.

/ Kubota hydraulic couplers #6  
I recently picked up a used 3ph log splitter to attach to the back of my BX23 for the occasional splitting I do. To simplify the hookup I thought I would buy the OEM male and female couplers from the backhoe to ensure a great fit to the tractor. They priced at about 35 and 25 bucks for the female and male, yikes! I'm wasn't sure what to expect in terms of pricing but I am a bit surprised how costly they are.

Does anyone know the specific sizes of the BX BH couplers and/or a good place to get aftermarket hydraulic parts?

One more question, which of the BX lines is the high pressure and which is the return?

Thanks,

Joe
Not sure what 3 pt log splitter you have but here is mine hooked up to my bx24. There are video there to show the speed of it..
SpeeCo 3pt Log Splitter

Here are some links for the bx couplers that i had saved
Links
If you do a search there were others recently posted with links as well...

/ Kubota hydraulic couplers #7  
No idea if true on your model but today priced them for my M model something like $160 for the female each. So that is why I put the off brand on mine. But the reason I was pricing was the Pioneer brand requires you pull the sleeve back to connect and disconnect and the Kubota (on my model any way) you just push it on and pull it to disconnect. Can save you if yo forget to disconnect a hose or two when you drop an implement. The parts guy told me the price on the Kubota was due to the female threads they use, said they are totally different. Guess I was able to use the adapter from the original fitting.

I do not think you will find a male fitting being a pressure supply and have never notice a male fitting being on the tractor, just on the hoses on the implement. But BH may be totally different. My Kubota has a decal showing which fitting is the extend and which it the retraction side.