Stuck on PTO shaft

/ Stuck on PTO shaft #1  

Slice

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx 2350
Borrowed a post hole digger from a buddy to use on my BX2350 and now i cant get the coupler off the PTO shaft.

We did lube it before putting on the PTO so what i have done is removed the PHD and slid the drive shaft off and tied it up out of the way.

someone lese surley has run into this any help ??

thanks

/ Stuck on PTO shaft #2  
You have either a pin to push or a collar to pull back to release the pto shaft. If the pin they can get bent and be a bear to get off. If you have the pin type and have room to get pliers on it with out damaging it try rotating it and see if you can push it in further. If the collar type release or the pin type also any grit in there can make it hard to get them to release fully.

If you have spray lubricant try moving the release as much as you can and hold it and spray it. It may move grit out the way. Air hose may also. Sometimes you will find one that requires extra muscle due to a bent piece or being jammed to get of. I have found using a light tapping when holding the release can also help get it fully open.

/ Stuck on PTO shaft #3  
Are you sure the shaft was not so long that it jammed the yoke onto the PTO shaft when the auger was deep into the ground? If it did jam and is the quick release type with a pull-back collar and balls, the balls often will then push up into the collar as the yoke slides forward on the PTO shaft, and come out of the holding groove on the shaft. If that is the case, you may have some hammering, sawing, grinding, etc. to get the yoke off.

Let us know what you find. Some of us (don't ask who) have been through this before.

/ Stuck on PTO shaft
the release pin is between neither set or released but moving freely, I dont like that thought of cuting it off but it may come to that, this PHD was sitting out for some time and yes i buried it twice 4 ft deep had to use 90 hp to "help" lift it back out of the hole.....

/ Stuck on PTO shaft #5  
sometimes when the pto shaft is new or relatively unused or perhaps even with an aftermarket undersized coupling it will stick on the male pto from your tractor. Push in the little coupler button or otherwise disengage it, and tap (Or "rap") on the metal of the pto coupling while you pull steadily backwards on the shaft. first tap on one side of the coupling then on the opposite side and so on. You need to keep the button depressed all this time so you may need another person to pull the shaft backwards. This will most likely work.
simonmeridew