adjusting B7800 HST kill switch...help!

/ adjusting B7800 HST kill switch...help! #1  

idaguide

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
My B7800 won't start because the kill switch is not depressed enough when the HST pedal is in the neutral position. (140 hours) The service manager at my dealer says it's not under warranty because it's an 'adjustment.' Don't have a trailer so they can come to my house @ $85/hour. (So you have a tractor for a little over a year, it won't start, and they're gonna charge a couple hundred bucks to adjust the switch. Gotta love it. Not.)

So I'm looking at it and trying to do it. It involves unscrewing a couple of thin nuts (about an inch across, but metric, I'm sure) that hold the switch in place and sliding the switch closer to the pedal so the 'plunger's' depressed when the pedal's in the neutral position. Problem is there doesn't seem to be enough room around the nut to get a wrench on it, and that's even if you COULD get to it. Very tight around it. Looks like a particular-shaped wrench might be able to do it.

So my question...has anyone here done this? Do you have to start removing other stuff to get to it? Is there a type of wrench that pivots just back of the head to get into tight places?

I know this is a long shot, but thanks in advance if you can help.
grae
:confused:

/ adjusting B7800 HST kill switch...help! #2  
You can always get some cheap wrenches and make one that will fit, heat em up with a torch and bend to what is needed.

/ adjusting B7800 HST kill switch...help! #3  
You might be able to find a "crows-foot" wrench at someplace like Sear's that would fit in the area. It's used with an extension and usually a 3/8 th's drive rachet.

John

/ adjusting B7800 HST kill switch...help! #4  
If you need to use the tractor you could take a piece of wire and make a jumper
around the safety kill switch until you get it fixed. Your tractor dealer sucks! Mine came out and adjusted mine!

/ adjusting B7800 HST kill switch...help! #5  
I'm with rickster, make a jumper.

My 7510 has the same problem. for a while I had a wire stuffed inthe connector but it wiggled loose, so I put a wire clip in there tying the 2 wires together.

Good luck