B2920 Magneto or Alternator?

/ B2920 Magneto or Alternator? #1  

ericher69

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota b2920
Anybody know if the Bseries comes with an alternator or magneto? Seems to me the specs say 35amp alternator...but dealer says magneto!

ericher69

/ B2920 Magneto or Alternator? #2  
My 3030 has a 40 amp alternator, but only because it has the cab. I'd assume yours is a magneto (dynamo) since its originally open station. Does it look like an alternator when you open the hood? I know the cold weather version of my tractor has a 60 amp, so logic would dictate you would probably be able to bolt on up to a 60 amp alt (assuming our tractors take the same alternator?).

/ B2920 Magneto or Alternator?
Looks like an alternator. The spec I saw was a 35amp alt. and upgrade to heavy duty with 40amp.

ericher69

/ B2920 Magneto or Alternator? #4  
It was speculation on my part, you are probably correct that its an alternator then. If you were looking to upgrade, i'd check the model# of the 40 amp against the 40 amp in the 3030HSDC. If they are the same, then logic would dictate that the 60 amp from the HSDCC would bolt into your engine bay and be a better option than just stepping up to the 40 from the 35.

/ B2920 Magneto or Alternator?
Called 2 dealers and they assure me that it is a Dynamo...ridiculous! The bx24 comes with an alternator. For the price of these machines you think that they would come equipped!

ericher69

/ B2920 Magneto or Alternator? #6  
My b2920 came with a14amp dynamo ,just installed this weekend 40amp upgrade kit,some bad points comes with new oil dipstick and now to check the oil must remouve side panel and other bad thing was in the alt kit.was it comes with 1 bushing that goes in alt because alt fits other models with larger hole,but kit should have come with one more bushing to fit inside rear alt spacer or a rear alt spacer with smaller diameter. but going to love the extra amps to run rear work light and also going to put on high output headlamps

/ B2920 Magneto or Alternator? #7  
On my B7800, I tweaked the bends in the old dipstick tube so that I can use the original dipstick rather than that short one that came with the alternator kit. :thumbsup:

/ B2920 Magneto or Alternator? #8  
Even the small ones on the BXs are alternators. "Dynamo" is just the result of a japanese translation. The only issue is to go to a larger automotive style for more juice.

paul