Adding rear remotes to a 2620

/ Adding rear remotes to a 2620 #1  

TRUST

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota 2620 HST
I ordered this rear remote kit when I bought my tractor. It is a Kubota factory part, but it may not be made by Kubota. The instructions state that it is not compatible with the BH 65 backhoe, but were gonna make it work anyhow.:) Seriously, I have talked to my serviceman and he says that he has talked with Kubota and they say it will indeed work.
So I took the BH off yesterday and began to figure out how it is hooked up and how the remote valve needs to be plumbed. Long story short is the BH does occupy some of the connections that the valve needs so here is how its gonna go. The BH is currently fed via the PB from the loader valve. I will change that to go to the in of the RRV.(rear remote valve). The return to tank from the RRV is going to its stock location which is available. It is the same return to tank that the LV(loader valve) uses. It must be made into a tee. The PB off the RRV is going to supply the BH. The return off the BH will still go to its stock location which is the inlet to the 3pt. hitch.(which cannot be used while the BH is installed). So, it appears that everything you need is included with the RRV kit if a BH is not installed. In my case it looks like I will either have to splice two hoses together to make the distance from the RRV to the inlet of the BH or have a proper hose made to length. I will still have to have some hoses made up to run from the RRV to the grapple cylinder. I have not bought a grapple yet, but I plan to get the thumb. The 20" model is correct for the Kubota 50" bucket.
FWIW what is included would work, but you would not have enough hose to lower the BH to the ground for disconnecting purposes. I plan to use the remotes to run a front grapple. I'm somewhat torn if this is my best alternative for that purpose, but since I financed it with the tractor I figured I'd go ahead and use what I had rather than starting over.
I included a few pics of the valve and its mounting plate. When I begin the plumbing I will take some more pics and update this thread.

Attachments

• tractor 047.jpg
    tractor 047.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 473
  • tractor 049.jpg
    tractor 049.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
   / Adding rear remotes to a 2620 #2  
Glad you got it figured out! Wish you posted it in the hydraulics section though for better future reference.

/ Adding rear remotes to a 2620
I didn't want to double post it and as a new Kubota owner I was hoping to help out other bota owners as I was looking for info like this in this section. Anyhow at least with the link it will direct them to the right spot.:)

Joel

I got this project finished this weekend. The directions are more helpful than they appear at the first glance. This kit does/will work fine with the BH65. I hooked it up as I stated in the first post. I had to buy a bull nose coupler($2.15) to make 2 short hoses into one long one. The supply hose to the BH was not long enough to go from the new PB port off the remote valve. So I mated that hose(which comes w/ the BH) to one of the hoses that came supplied with the valve kit. All said and done I am pretty pleased with the fit and quality of the kit. Everything appears to work properly, however I have not used the remote yet as I don't have anything to hook up yet. The hydraulics on the tractor are working properly.

I took my time and I spent aprox. 6 hrs messing with it. You do have to remove the rear wheel and fender. That said I also removed the rear tail light from the fender first. It is also helpful to remove the loader lever and if you can get the adj. knob off, I would recommend removing the hard plastic floor panel( that cover just to your heels when sitting). It is somewhat difficult to tighten some of the fittings that mate to the tranny housing for the return to tank line. Thats where having the lever and floor panel removed is helpful. I have lots of pics and will post them soon.

Joel

Here are some pics. I tried to label them to give a better understanding of what is going on. It looks bad in the 2nd to last pic, but that is what it looks like w/o the fender & wheel.(So really its not as bad as it may look)

enjoy!

Attachments

• tractor 074.jpg
    tractor 074.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 187
  • tractor 071 modified.JPG
    tractor 071 modified.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 299
  • tractor 080.jpg
    tractor 080.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 337
  • tractor 075 modified.JPG
    tractor 075 modified.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 386
  • tractor 079 modified.JPG
    tractor 079 modified.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 346
  • tractor 072 modified.JPG
    tractor 072 modified.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 325
  • tractor 078.jpg
    tractor 078.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 363
  • tractor 070 modified.JPG
    tractor 070 modified.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
I ordered "the thumb" from Green's machine shop this morning before I went to work. I had a UPS notification email this evening when I got home......How's that for service!

/ Adding rear remotes to a 2620 #7  
Nice work! Look forward to seeing pictures of the Thumb when you get it. How much did that setup run if you don't mind sharing?

The valve was worked in the deal with the tractor. The list on it is $667, but I honestly don't know how much they charged for it. I went back and forth so much on price, each items price got lost in the mix. I looked at my receipt and this was the breakdown on the purchase: tractor($11640), loader($2800), and BH($6520), within that(somewhere) was a 10" bucket, bh thumb, and the remote valve kit.
The thumb from Green's was $419 shipped. I will have to make the hoses to run from the remote valve up to the bucket thumb, and do some reinforcing on the top edge of the bucket. I'm guessing another $125 or so for that. Seems I've read other posts that say to assume around $1000 for a grapple & valve.*shrug*