B7100HST (1994)

/ B7100HST (1994) #1  

dextersl

Hi, I am new to tractorbynet. I have a b7100hsd/hst that has been sitting in storage unused since 2004. It has 480HRS on it. The tractor came with a property we bought back in 2004 but we never did anything with it. I am now about to do some maintenance on the tractor before I tried to get it running again. It looks like the previous owner already drained the fuel tank as there is no diesel in the tank. I also checked the oil and transmission fluid and they are both clear. The oil filter is a NAPA 1064 which leads me to believe the original owner maintained it himself. The air filter looks brand new as if it were never used. The battery is dated march 2004 and was sitting in the tractor disconnected. I tried re-charging the battery and it charged no problem. Unfortunately I cannot speak with the original owner to ask him about the maintenance as he has already passed away and there were no manuals or maintenance logs to be found. Based on my observations above it seems as if the last time this vehicle was operated was back in 2004 and according to the dealer the previous owner bought this tractor new back in 1994. My plan was to change the fluids and filters but I wanted to know if this was still necessary based on my observations above. I have never worked on a Kubota before and consider myself a mechanical novice. Any direction or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
   / B7100HST (1994) #2  
While it may not be necessary to change all filters and fluids. I would look at changing them as cheep insurance. It is possible some condensation may have formed or other possible contamination. I would consider it a few $$ well spent.

/ B7100HST (1994) #3  
Search online for repair manual or owner's manual, they are available from several sites. I'd say change the oil and hydro fluid and have fun. The B7100 is a nice little present to receive with a property.

/ B7100HST (1994) #4  
Search online for repair manual or owner's manual, they are available from several sites. I'd say change the oil and hydro fluid and have fun. The B7100 is a nice little present to receive with a property.

I actually have a 7100 and did a cursory search yesterday and didn't find any?

/ B7100HST (1994)
Ok, thanks for the info so far. Do you think it would be ok to continue getting the maintenance filters/fluids from NAPA?

/ B7100HST (1994) #6  
I & T tractor manuals have a service manual to cover your B7100. It's number is K201. I previously owned a B6100 and used this manual in addition to the factory manuals. A Google search should find several sources. I used aftermarket sources for filters and fluids for my B without problems.

Vernon

Last edited:
   / B7100HST (1994) #7  
Most people prefer to stick witk Kubota hydraulic fluid and filters. Oil preference varies.
My tractor is close to yours in year. I run Mobil1 oil in the engine. Kubota filters. Kubota Premium UDT hydraulic fluid. (I think it's called Super UDT in the US) I have run generic tractor hydraulic fluid but that was only intended as a cheap way to flush it out.
I don't mean to say that the things I do are the "best". I just wanted to give you an example for reference.

/ B7100HST (1994) #8  
   / B7100HST (1994)
Thanks for the advice guys. I finally got around to changing the filters/fluids and filled it up with fresh diesel. I also learned how to bleed the fuel line since the the tank had been drained previously. Low and behold it started up no problem at all, which was a surprise to me. I was almost certain I would have to bring it in for service and drop a few hundred easy to get it going.

The tractor runs strong and I am surprised at how fast it moves for a 1000+lb machine with a 16HP engine, but I guess the diesel power makes a difference.

Before I got it running I went to a Kubota dealer to pick their brains a bit, and inquire about newer Kubotas before I attempted to resurrect the 7100. The one of sales guy there told me that as long as keep my fluids and filters changed, the tractor would be good for 10,000HRS! Was that a stretch? I'm not sure. But in any case, I am very happy with my kubota and look forward to researching the many different attachments and capabilities of my new machine.