My quest for "Grand" 3 point performance from my "economy" tractor. The L3400

/ My quest for "Grand" 3 point performance from my "economy" tractor. The L3400 #11  
Re: My quest for "Grand" 3 point performance from my "economy" tractor. The L3400

Slow but steady, made my "before" video and ordered the valve. Wasn't in stock but I should have it next week sometime. $90.71.

Now, if I could just get everyone who will want to see if this works to mail me one dollar... (just kidding, not soliciting) :D

I'll try to get the video up tonight or tomorrow.

I was thinking the same thing (more like $10 from 9 of us). As chief guinea pig, you deserve a free valve! PM me your address and I'll send you my share.

/ My quest for "Grand" 3 point performance from my "economy" tractor. The L3400
Re: My quest for "Grand" 3 point performance from my "economy" tractor. The L3400

No way mjfox6. I've gotten way, way more than $90.17 worth of knowledge and help from this great free site, this is my chance to give something back.

I wouldn't have even been on to this theory, which may fail miserably BTW, with out the information available on TractorByNet.

I really, really appreciate your gesture. It's great people like you that make this site!

/ My quest for "Grand" 3 point performance from my "economy" tractor. The L3400 #13  

FWIW. I'll be willing to send you the 10 bucks as well!

/ My quest for "Grand" 3 point performance from my "economy" tractor. The L3400 #14  

I'll send ten bucks also, but i'd like a sixpack of your best local micro-brew beer in return.:)

/ My quest for "Grand" 3 point performance from my "economy" tractor. The L3400 #15  

locally brewed six packs ARE ten dollars around here... but worth it ;)

Put me down for ten ;) We know you are not in it for the money (...just the fame!!) :D

You guys are great, but save your money!

When I fire it up after plugging this valve in and the hydraulic cylinder splits in two and falls into the transmission housing, then we'll talk.

Ductape, a think teg's ready to take you up... how about you guys try that one but skip the cash, just make it an even exchange. I'll work on getting the valve. ;)

Bit of a confidence builder that at least two engineers are willing to send me $10 to spend a less than half an hour and $90.... I figure any engineer aught least have some clue, even if this isn't their field. Makes me feel rational.

OK, here's the before... still working on my video skills.

The first shows my best attempt at moving the control lever slowly and smoothly. The second shows a random hasty motion... like what happens when your looking at what the bucket is about to hit while backing up, steering and setting up for the next pass.

The higher up the lift gets the more violent it gets. Both videos were at 2000 RPM, sort of my default for most light to medium work.

YouTube - L3400 3 point Smooth hand

YouTube - L3400 3 point Rough hand

/ My quest for "Grand" 3 point performance from my "economy" tractor. The L3400 #18  

Was wondering what type of lift cylinders that the L3400 has? Is a single internal with the pivot shaft or the double external like the Grand Ls have. That may also be the key for it would take more flow into the cylinders to move a given amount of three point lift making it smoother.

David Kb7uns

/ My quest for "Grand" 3 point performance from my "economy" tractor. The L3400 #19  

Now thats EXACTLY why i never move water around on my boxblade ! :D

That's a great question dkf435, in this case the grand L's that are compatible with the valves in question are very similar, using a single internal cylinder. It's probable that their cylinders are slightly larger which may help... but with a higher relief pressure that might not be necessary for the increased capacity.

The L3400 is factory spec. 2276 to 2347. The L3010 is 2347 to 2489. I would think that a larger cylinder, if they are larger might affect the speed the hitch rises, to a small degree but do little to dampen the jerking impulses.

An example for how similar these systems are, the L3010 and L3400 share the same rod/shaft component... connecting the cylinder to the pivot.