New Kubota owner! Tire question :)

/ New Kubota owner! Tire question :) #1  

Tim_in_IA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610HSD, Mahindra 6500 4WD, JD 440ic crawler, 2 560 farmalls.
Hi I have a B7610 coming in the mail with a loader and MMM. It has turf tires on it now. There is a local guy selling ag tires but I think they might be too narrow. Can someone tell me what size tires are recommended for ag and if narrower tires would still be ok?

From what I found online I think I need 7-12 fronts and 11.2-16 rears. His tires are 12 and 16 rad but narrower...

Thanks!
-Tim

/ New Kubota owner! Tire question :) #2  
Not really sure on that model, but turfs are almost always wider, and therefore require the wider wheels which the ags will be too skinny for. It is ok to have narrower tires; ags do not float, they dig in, so the narrow profile is desired.

/ New Kubota owner! Tire question :)
The ag tires also come mounted on Kubota rims already. Tractor will be here Friday so maybe he'll still have them... I know they would bolt up, I just don't know if the 2" width difference (he thinks they are 5 and 7 instead of 7 and 11.2) would also decrease the tread size and make it sit lower. I'd be ok if they were just narrow but not shorter...

/ New Kubota owner! Tire question :) #4  
As long as the lead/lag of the tires are correct it will be ok. I think the sizes you are getting are the correct sizes for the tractor anyway, but if you can, post the complete size numbers as shown on the sidewall, and also post exact what model the used tire/wheels are from.

As long as the lead/lag of the tires are correct it will be ok. I think the sizes you are getting are the correct sizes for the tractor anyway, but if you can, post the complete size numbers as shown on the sidewall, and also post exact what model the used tire/wheels are from.

That's the strange part. I've only talked to him on the phone and he doesn't know what model they came off of. He doesn't seem overly excited to give me the specs on the side either. I think I'll call him up again and ask again.

Can you tell me what lead/lag means? I've never heard that before.

Ok he just called back and said the tires are 6-12 and 8-16. He said the rears are around 31" tall.

The guy I am buying it from said the following tires are on it now:

33 X 12.50 - 15 on the back and 23 X 8.50 - 12

So does that mean it would sit 2" shorter? I am just guessing from the 33" to 31" that the 33 x 12.5 is the outside dimensions of the rear....

Attachments

• 3nc3md3l41fb1g01499139e5df7691cf912bf.jpg
    3nc3md3l41fb1g01499139e5df7691cf912bf.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 241
   / New Kubota owner! Tire question :) #7  
The tractor being a 4wd needs to have tires that will not cause the drivetrain to bind up excessively; the front tires need to have ~4-8 % lead. Do a search on tire lead/lag, feet per revolution, rolling radius etc, as there is plenty on here already. The guy must not want to sell them badly if he can't walk out with a legal pad, a pencil, (a dull one) and write down a few numbers. I think your model uses 11.2-16's rear, and either 6-12, or 7-12 fronts in ags.

I am getting ready to head to a Dr's appt, but I will check in later.......

/ New Kubota owner! Tire question :) #8  
I type too slow, these sound close enough, and a 2" shorter tire will only sit ~1' shorter,

I type too slow, these sound close enough, and a 2" shorter tire will only sit ~1' shorter,

That's a good way to look at it. I'll have to think it over. I still might wait till the tractor comes in so I can do my own measurements. Who knows? If he still has them maybe they will get cheaper :). Thanks LRH for your help!