B2789 snowblower shear bolts

/ B2789 snowblower shear bolts #1  

magnatic

Bronze Member
Tractor
2006 BX2350
The manual for this blower lists one size of shear bolt and its part # for the drive line on on page 23. On page 35 in another exploded view, the same part lists another size of shear bolt and a different part #.

It does the same thing for the shear bolt on the drive shaft. Page 23 lists one size and part #, page 30 lists a completely different size and part #.

Has anyone else noticed this and which one should be used in each application?

/ B2789 snowblower shear bolts #2  
You wouldn't want to give us a clue as to which blower you are talking about would you ?

/ B2789 snowblower shear bolts
Sure, I can help you out with that. I just figured that since it is a Kubota forum and I quoted the model number of B2789, one could assume that it is a Kubota B2789. Forgive me.
It's a 51" blower recommended for B &BX series Tractors 13 to 26 PTO HP with 3 point hitch Cat. 1.

/ B2789 snowblower shear bolts #4  
Sure, I can help you out with that. I just figured that since it is a Kubota forum and I quoted the model number of B2789, one could assume that it is a Kubota B2789. Forgive me.
It's a 51" blower recommended for B &BX series Tractors 13 to 26 PTO HP with 3 point hitch Cat. 1.

magnatic,

Like 638, I was confused on your model number? I've seen B2781 51" blowers, but not the model number you have. Not sure if this is going to be much help, but I have a BX2750 50" blower and have a shear bolt for the fan (#6 on page 23 below.) Is that one of the bolts you are talking about and do you see a bolt in either of my diagrams that refer to what you are asking about? Dyer, retired

Attachments

• BX2750Page23resized.jpg
    BX2750Page23resized.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,141
  • BX2750Page27resized.jpg
    BX2750Page27resized.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 1,047
Thanks for help but this is definitely a different blower. I just purchased this one but the owner's manual is dated 01/08 so the model is at least a year old. I just find it odd that for the same location on the machine, the manual lists one bolt on one page and another bolt on a second page. For example: the driveline shear bolt on one page is a M6 x 40mm but the other page calls for a M10 x 45mm. That's a big difference in size energy required to shear the bolt. The parts department at the dealer had never seen anything like it before, mind you they were quite willing to sell me all the listed bolts just in case I may need them. I'll try to post the pages from the manual when I get to a scanner at work. Thanks again.

/ B2789 snowblower shear bolts #6  
Sorry, I wasn't looking at the title of the post.

/ B2789 snowblower shear bolts #7  
Thanks for help but this is definitely a different blower. I just purchased this one but the owner's manual is dated 01/08 so the model is at least a year old. I just find it odd that for the same location on the machine, the manual lists one bolt on one page and another bolt on a second page. For example: the driveline shear bolt on one page is a M6 x 40mm but the other page calls for a M10 x 45mm. That's a big difference in size energy required to shear the bolt. The parts department at the dealer had never seen anything like it before, mind you they were quite willing to sell me all the listed bolts just in case I may need them. I'll try to post the pages from the manual when I get to a scanner at work. Thanks again.

On my blower there is a sticker behind the augers that identifies the part numbers for the fan and auger shears.

/ B2789 snowblower shear bolts #8  
I would go to the dealer and see what they say.

On my blower there are different shear bolts for the impeller and the auger shafts, so maybe that is what is going on here?? I have a different Kubota blower than you do.

/ B2789 snowblower shear bolts #9  
Yeah, there are two types, but he seems to be saying he's got two different part numbers for the auger shears, and two different part numbers for the impeller shear.

"but he seems to be saying he's got two different part numbers for the auger shears, and two different part numbers for the impeller shear."

Exactly. I've got a shear on the driveline and a shear on the driveshaft and the manual states two different bolts for each location.
Look at the bolt for the driveline in the photos. Page 23 states to use a M10 and gives a part number. Page 35 gives a different part number for the bolt (#9 in the exploded view) and when I ordered under that part number, I received an M6. It's the same case for the drive shaft shear bolt. You'll see on page 23 it calls for a 5/16" NC x 1 3/4" gr. 5 and yet on page 32, the driveshaft shearbolt is #37 and calls for a 1/4 " NC x 1 3/4" grade 5. (The difference on the driveshaft bolt isn't as radical as the difference in bolts for the driveline.)

Attachments

• page 23.jpg
    page 23.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 1,070
  • page 35.jpg
    page 35.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 848
  • page 32.jpg
    page 32.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 545