New B owners

/ New B owners #1  

Farmall45b

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 Kubota B2650 HSD Cab
This question is to all who own a new model B. B2320,2620, and 2920. I am wondering what the quality of welding and pain is on your tractors and implements. I am especially interested in how scratched the tractor was when you got it, how the welds and paint look on the loader and implements and are all the decals staying attached to the implements? How satisfied were you with you purchasing expeariance? I am trying to gauge what others have gone through to decide if I have a quality problem or a valid complaint at all.

/ New B owners #3  
I bought a BX 2660 with mowing deck and FEL a couple weeks ago that now has 5 hours on it.
The paint is excellent everywhere. No scratches and the decals are good. As stated, the welds are good but not perfect.
More info on your complaint/comments would be helpful.

/ New B owners #4  
Everything on mine is great. There were a few light scratches where the ROPS folds, but there are even more now from lowering/raising it.

/ New B owners #6  
I don't know if you seen this post or not , But if you just bought one and it's not perfect bring it back Don't settle for less, others will tell you to live with it, It's a tractor, But there tractor is not like that.
Don't listen to them otherwise you will be sending the wrong message to Kubota. It's your money get the better one let the next guy get the crap. Kubota thinks were all farmers that use the **** out of our tractors and don't care how they look. Kubota is trying to see what they can get away with. '
STOP if it's not perfect and other tractors are bring it back and demand your money back or another tractor, Don't settle for less.
Read this post if you haven't already.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...4048-acceptable-quality-brand-new-kubota.html

Last edited:
   / New B owners #7  
I just bought a B2620 2 months ago. I have some concerns that the fit and finish and weld quality aren't as good as my previous Kubota BX 1800 but they weren't bad enough to reject the unit. No paint scratches. When I put more hours on it (currently it only has 25 hours on it) I will give a no holds barred critical review of my B2620. Cheers!

/ New B owners #8  
I have a 2920 with loader that I purchased in June. I have no problems with the general fit and finish including welds. The dealer did shorten the L - shaped air-filter tube so that it would not rub the underside of the hood. I would recommend this model if it fits your needs.

/ New B owners
I will have to see if I can take some picture this weekend for everyone to weigh in on. I have seen the other thread regaurding quality on new Kubotas. This thread may have pushed me to take a closer or more critical look at my tractor. I was not happy with my tractor purchase from day one due to many delivery, financing, and insurance problems that are still not resolved. I really am impressed with what the tractor will do in terms of work, but I am not totally happy with things that I would consider fit and finish items.

1. The welds on the loader to not look very good. There is lots of splatter that is falling off exposing bare metal. The decals are starting to peel a bit. Not anything really big, but it is is starting when new what happens down the road? What if a weld does break?
2. The support brakst for the snowblower crank looks like it was dipped in a bucket of paint and allowed to drip dry. Now after use, some of the paint has fallen off from vibration. Not really a big deal, and I can repaint the bracket. Not really an imparment to operation, but as everyone knows, the front mount blowers cost a good deal of monet.
3. The serial number sticker is already peeling from the quick hitch. Better record that serial number before it is gone for good.

These are some of my biggest complaints. There are others along the same lines on different parts/implements, but generally the same quality issues are pressent elsewhere. I like the tractor, it performs well, but I spent $18,000 and some of these fit and finish things bother me a bit. The tractor will get used, but also washed when needed and I won't go out of my way to damage or scratch the tractor. I wonder if my tractor is the exception or if everyone is going through the same sort of things. What would you do? I just want to look back and be happy in the end, be it getting over these issues becuase everyone is like that, or speaking up to my dealer and Kubota while I have the chance so that I don't wish I had down the road.

/ New B owners #10  
I purchased a B2320 3 months ago that replaced my BX2350. I've been following the thread that waxman linked and have to say my 2320's welds appear to be very good. It does have a few small scratches on the ROPS and on small scratch on the hood, but nothing to get excited about. So far I am very happy with the machine.

Thanks,
Steve