Tractor
    Kubota M7040

Default No Glow plug light?

Hey all.
    For some reason, my glow plug light does not come on very often. Anyone else have get this? My old kubota mower F2580 stays on for a few seconds and then goes off and then I can start the mower. In my tractor, if I hold the switch to the glow plug point, I usually don't get a light. Even when it's really cold out, no light. However, every now and then I get a light. Just weird. Think there is a problem with the light? Or is this normal operation on the newer tractors?

Tractor is a little 2007/7040 with 150 hours on it. I've only owned it for a few hours.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Kubota - 7040HDC - Front End Loader
    Kubota - F2560 - 72" Deck - Monster Mower!
    www.ShawneeForest.com
    www.cabinstartup.com << Our adventure in Building a Log Cabin Rental Business

Tractor
    Kubota MX5000

Default Re: No Glow plug light?

Sounds like the light has a loose connection. I don't know about the 7040 but the MX5000 light comes on and stays on for as long as you hold the key to the position for the glow plug.