What kind a radio for my Kubota?

/ What kind a radio for my Kubota? #1  

Kubotaman07

Tractor
Kubota L3540 w/cab
We have a Kubota L3540 with the factory cab. I bought a radio from walmart and it did not got in all the way. What kind of radios have all of you guys been buyin? Thanks, Jarrett.

/ What kind a radio for my Kubota? #2  
I bought the Panasonic radio/cd that was meant for my tractor off ebay and it was a standard size DIN mount radio. I believe any unit of the same demensions would work just fine.

/ What kind a radio for my Kubota? #3  
Here is what I bought, Kenwood DVD/CD player AM/FM and backup camera
202412656_o.jpg

202380363_o.jpg

202380383_o.jpg

/ What kind a radio for my Kubota? #4  
How about an iPod or equivalent? You can upgrade the earbuds for better noise isolation, and listen to what you like. Some (not ipods) even have radios in them, but I like to listen to my own music or even podcasts. You can also use it outside of the tractor while doing other chores.

/ What kind a radio for my Kubota? #6  
Out of curiousity, does anyone know what style connector (plug) Kubota uses? I believe JD uses a VW plug...... i assume Kubota's is not proprietary? I'm looking to install something with ipod and usb plugs.

Kubotaman, i can't see why any DIN sized radio wouldn't fit, as its an industry standard. Kubota uses what Panasonic consideres a heavy duty stereo, but i can't see why any DIN sized radio wouldn't be appropriate. All car stereos are made to withstand hitting potholes, bumps, etc. I feel you are defifnitely on the right track by not purchasing the radio Kubota offers at the price they charge! You could get a REALLY nice stereo for the same price.

/ What kind a radio for my Kubota? #7  
Most radios will have a different plug, Don't try and get a radio just so it plugs in, good luck with that. . What ever radio you buy new will come with both the male and female plug.
There is so much to choose from out there and really inexpensive take your time and choose what's best for you, your going to have to splice in whatever you get . If you have an Ipod your going to want to be able to control the Ipod too though the radio. I have my whole music library on my Ipod, who uses CD anymore.
Also if your thinking of ever adding a backup camera and don't want to make a big deal like I did, JVC makes a nice single din with a 3.5 screen that's really nice.

/ What kind a radio for my Kubota? #8  
Most radios will have a different plug, Don't try and get a radio just so it plugs in, good luck with that. . What ever radio you buy new will come with both the male and female plug.
There is so much to choose from out there and really inexpensive take your time and choose what's best for you, your going to have to splice in whatever you get . If you have an Ipod your going to want to be able to control the Ipod too though the radio. I have my whole music library on my Ipod, who uses CD anymore.
Also if your thinking of ever adding a backup camera and don't want to make a big deal like I did, JVC makes a nice single din with a 3.5 screen that's really nice.
Im afraid i tend to agree.My whole family now has the i-pods except for me.We have hundreds and hundreds of cds.They simply put them in their i pods and never use them again.Istill use them but im becoming a dinosaur.Now when we go on long road trips i get my wife to bring hers,and we have these neat little 10 dollar devises that you plug the i pod into and it puts it on a radio station[any radio].It sounds real nice to and is all wireless.
On my homemade cab ,im thinking of just adding a radio,and getting an i-pod for my self.Im assuming on your factory cab ,you guys have a spot made for it,thats why the walmart one didnt fit.
I bet some day in the distant future,the only way to buy music ,will be on line.
ALAN

/ What kind a radio for my Kubota? #9  
Thats cool. My wife wanted to know why I needed a radio in the tractor anyway. I bought the Am/Fm CD with weather from my dealer for 275.00 . Yes it is over priced but it was a simple plug it in and slide it in install.

/ What kind a radio for my Kubota? #10  
I know that it doesn't matter for you guys with cabs, but often I like to wear hearing protection, especially when mowing, weed whacking, or using any equipment that makes a lot of loud noise. I particularly like using headphones that use electronic noise canceling, it makes a really big difference. I made a modification to my headphones that I am very happy with, and it was really easy. I simply put a piece of Velcro on the side of the headphones and another piece on the back of an iPod shuffle. Use a short mini plug cord and you have a pretty neat hearing protection/music system. The shuffle holds many hours of music or podcasts and you load it up using Apple iTunes on your PC or Mac, and you can make as many playlists as you like. It has a shuffle feature so the tunes don't have to be played in order. The cord never gets in the way, you have complete freedom of movement, and you never accidentally hit any of the controls.

Attachments

• iPod headphones1.jpg
    iPod headphones1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 350