Mowing 72" Mid mount mower

/ 72" Mid mount mower #1  

07 LMM LTZ

Silver Member
Tractor
L 3940 HSTC
Does any one know how hard or easy it is to attach and remove the mower from a L3940? Also how long does it typically take to do it?

Thanks John

/ 72" Mid mount mower
I quess no one has a 72" mid mount mower.

/ 72" Mid mount mower #3  
I quess no one has a 72" mid mount mower.

to keep it from being an unanswered question, I have had a MMM for 6 yrs. and each time taking it off and putting it on gets easier; proviving I remember the correct steps in the correct order. If you have a loader it is easier. Some here brag on 5 minutes but that's tops. It's not that hard to do. Follow the instructions in your manual and improvise. Regards, Chas.

/ 72" Mid mount mower #4  
I would guess the majority of people with that big of a tractor use a rear finish mower, rotary cutter, or flail mower. I have a 6 foot Landpride RFM and could probably run a 7 foot without any problems. Much cheaper and far quicker to remove. Gives just as good of a cut as my prior Zero turn.

/ 72" Mid mount mower #5  
I have a 72" on a B7800 and it's not all that different. It can take upwards of maybe three minutes. And that's if you take your time.
Rather than drive over my mower, I put a HI-Lift bumper jack under the front end weight bracket and lift the tractor up a foot or so. Then I turn the wheels and slide the mower out.
The reverse takes a little longer because you have to line things up.

It is actually easier than my rear mower.

/ 72" Mid mount mower #6  
I'll chime in even though I own a BX2350. For me to remove my endloader, rear blade, and install my 60" mower deck it takes me 25 minutes. It takes about the same amount of time to do it in reverse order. Its a little easier to remove the deck than to install it, but it takes me a little more then 5 minutes just to do the deck.

/ 72" Mid mount mower #7  
I'll chime in even though I own a BX2350. For me to remove my endloader, rear blade, and install my 60" mower deck it takes me 25 minutes. It takes about the same amount of time to do it in reverse order. Its a little easier to remove the deck than to install it, but it takes me a little more then 5 minutes just to do the deck.

I have the 72mmm on a b3030. Guess its pretty similar. I find it a pain to get on and off, and wish I got a 3pt instead. Might be a little easier on a bigger tractor

/ 72" Mid mount mower #8  
I have an L3710 with a 72" MID-MOUNT MOWER, so it is probably very similar to your tractor.

I only do it with the bucket on the tractor. I leave the tractor on the ground and remove 2 pins from the lift chains the single pin from the rear link stay. Then I remove the 4 pins from the left and right lift stay (2 pins each).

Then I disconnect the PTO. Now everything is disconnected from the tractor.

Then I lift the front of the tractor using the front end loader and slide the mower out. If I don't lift the tractor with the loader, I can't get the vertical shafts for the front rollers to miss the tractor.

To make it easy, I put a small floor jack with wheels under the grass chute and lift the mower up about 1/2 an inch. Then it rolls out to the side easily using the wheels on the floor jack.

Time to get off is 8-10 minutes.

Time to get back on is 10 minutes. Hardest part is reattaching the PTO.

I just had mine off for winter maintenance. One of the gear box seals was leaking. I ended up replacing both seals because they were very hard. And it is a great time to clean off the grass, sharpen blades, clean under the belt guards, and push all the old grease out through the mandrels.

Rich

/ 72" Mid mount mower #9  
First off, I don't know how to start my own new thread/post, so I am asking for help with that. 2ndly, what are the pros/cons of going with a MMM instead of a 3pt mower which is cheaper.

/ 72" Mid mount mower #10  
If you go back to the page that lists all the threads under "kubotoa owning/operating" for instance all the way at the bottom there's a button that says 'new thread".

You might try searching I would bet you can find days of reading. The search button is up top.