Noisy Throw Out Bearing

/ Noisy Throw Out Bearing #1  

bpicard

Tractor
L2350DT
Is it possible to grease the throw out bearing on an L2350? Dealer says squirt some oil but this will be temporary. If oil works temporary then grease is what the bearing needs.

Thanks in advance.

Note this is a gear shift transmission.

/ Noisy Throw Out Bearing #2  
I've never seen a throughout bearing that was greaseable. My experance is that once they start to go bad, they go bad. Replace it before it goes out and leaves you stranded. In other words, fix it on your schedule, not it's.

/ Noisy Throw Out Bearing #3  
there are greasable throwout bearings in lots of heavy equipment. Unfortunately not on most tractors or pu and such.
Just as well get the bearing and get it done. When you do check the clutchplate while you are in there. Might save doing it all over again.
It really isn't that big a job to do. What worked very well for me was that I blocked up the rear at the bellhousing and suspended the front end at the engine from overhead with a 4 inch pipe. By using a roller on the pipe I wa able to just roll the frontend away for the rear and do the changout. I suppose a good rolling floorjack would do just as well.

One thing, if you have some weight hanging on the frontend, take it off as when you separate it might fall on it's face. And be sure to put wedges on either side of the front axle to keep the engine from tipping from side to side. I did have one rear tire just slightly jacked as I could turn it while in gear so the splines would line up when going back together.